LegacyGT.com

What did you buy for your 5th gen today? - V3

It's settled. I kept eyeing the "Work emotion 11r". Based on research, looks like they're a reputable brand too. https://www.ebay.com/itm/123890020273

The seller accepted an offer I sent.

I never bought rims before (other than a local sale for some 04' BBS Sti wheels lol)

Time for some tires. I already wore out the continentals Extreme-contacts in 3 years (I guess about 40k miles, which was expected)

Edited by ibr_adam09

Thanks! So does the stock rims have more 'positive' offset than these? I'm running 20mm spacers right now, but hope I can remove them with this wheel setup.

I also just bought the tires. Found a deal on for Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.

Going to keep it more practical at 225/45/18.

Ahh ok, I get it. I’m learning all about offsets.

So wheel vs wheel alone, there’s a 17mm difference, so oem wheels sit more inside the well. With my 20mm spacers, the oem’s become +35 offset(which sits flush with the fenders). The aftermarket wheels are already +38 and would look the same. If I keep the spacers on with the aftermarkets, then in total it would be +18. That sounds quite aggressive, but these wheels are still only 7.5 width, so might look a bit too go-karty. My spacers are hub centric too, and I think that might be required for the wheels, I don’t know. I guess we’ll see how it all looks! I’m excited!

• 2 weeks later...
Is that the one with the joint in the middle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, subaru sti flexi. I had similar on my previous gen Legacy BP, but it did not fit BR, so had to look for another one and finally found.

That's the one....I put one on my 3.6R a while back....got it for $100 Cdn from a local guy who had it on his Outback...best part is the 15 HP you get from the STi stickers

eSY600u.jpg

B40IuEo.jpg

Yes, I got the same but mine has +20 HP as my car is Diesel :)

That's the one....I put one on my 3.6R a while back....got it for $100 Cdn from a local guy who had it on his Outback...best part is the 15 HP you get from the STi stickers

If that's the case, I have a vinyl label machine at work. ;)