LegacyGT.com

2009 impreza Wheel swap?

Hi. I recently got an 09 impreza which has 205/50/17. I have extra sets of wheels from my 01 outback 225/60/16.

Im wondering before trying would it be possible to use a set of the 16's on the impreza? I know the wheel sensors would be an issue but do you even need them?

Im asking as I was going to buy a 2010 forester and the guy said I would be able to use my wheels from the 01 outback on the forester.

I would think you could as I'm guessing the Impreza has the smaller brakes like 2.5i Legacy's

You could check the brake rotor size by looking to buy brake rotors from many web sites as they will list the size of the rotors.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

thanks i think its worth trying. would it be a problem not having tpms sensors in the other wheels? my only other concern would be if the 225's would be too wide and cause rubbing.

i just looked and compared rotor size for impreza and outback and it looks like the impreza rotors are about .5" smaller in diameter

Edited by davec

A small piece of black electrical tape over the TMPS light works great. I never see the yellow light.

I run 225's on my Legacy GT's, oh I see they are 60's...that might be a bit tall. I have had 50's on my lowered wagon without any issues.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Usdm stock size for 09 impreza is 16”. My 09 2.5i base came with 205/55/16 on steel. Check your door jamb sticker for the original size. I ran 225/45/17 wrx wheels & tires on it with RCE blacks springs with no rubbing. I think that a 225/60/16 is gonna be a bit tall though. Look up the overall diameter and compare to current set up.

17" is the stock size on both sedans.

going to change the gear oil this weekend and another drain on the atf with atf-hp. are there any gear oils that are better options than others?

Mobil 1 Syn Gear LS 75W90 ? is what im looking at. i could provide a list of whats available. considered the subaru brand but i would have to pay out of pocket so im considering somethings else that would be just as good possibly. please share your opinions/experiences.

list possible availability in bulk a few possible options of the better ones please. Thanks.

---------------

Mobil 1 Syn Gear LS 75W90

Mobil Delvac 1 Go 75W90

Nav Ultra Syn 75W90

Shell Spirax S6 AXRME 75W90

VAL HD Syn Gear Oil 75W90

VPS Syn Gear 75W90

Lucas Syn 75w90

KEN SHP Syn GL FE 75W90

VAL HP Gear 75W90

VAL Synpower LS 75W90

Raymond Syn 75W90