LegacyGT.com

2010 Legacy GT Key Replacement / China Blanks

I have looked high and low and couldn't find all the right information in the same place nor get definitive answers regarding the transponder chip.

For 2010 Legacy:

• The OEM key part number is 57497AJ00A. It is applicable to MY 2010 to 2014.
  • The transponder chip is 4D6#? I have found both references to 4D60 and 4D62.
  • The keyless entry frequency is 433 MHz. The FCC ID is CWTWBU766. Inside the key, there is an additional model ID which is CWTWB1U766.

For 2011-2014 Legacy:

• The OEM key part number is 57497AJ10A. It is applicable to MY 2011 to 2014. It is not applicable for any 2010 model.
  • The transponder chip is 4D60 (please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm basing this on any reference I have found never pairs this key with a 4D62 chip)
  • The keyless entry frequency is 315 MHz. The FCC ID is CWTWBU811. )I'm assuming that the module inside would have a model ID of CWTWB1U811.)

The main reason for this thread is to see if we can definitevely say that if you have a 57497AJ00A or 57497AJ10A key, that you need to find THIS transponder and THIS keyless entry module.

Can anybody concretely confirm the transponder chip inside the 57497AJ00A key? I opened mine up and there are two numbers, but I can't crossreference them: 9519 and R-05463.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated because many sites list 2010-2014 as being the applicable MY which just doesn't seem correct due to 2010 having the 57497AJ00A and the 57497AJ10A is NOT applicable for 2010.

ILCO has a blank, DAT17T13, that is for 09-10 Legacy and includes a 4D62 transponder.

Does anybody know if these keys can be cloned? Or can they only be added by registration?

From what I understand they can only be registered. Cloning would require a different type of key that would only work with a specific cloning machine.

I was able to re-register key for 08 STI using a "sbb pro2 48.88 48.99 SBB V48.88 Key Programmer Automotive Scanner Multi-Language SBB ECU Programmer Tool Replace SBB 46.02 33.LL" I got off AliExpress for around $70. They say they support cars up to 2017.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to re-register key for 08 STI using a "sbb pro2 48.88 48.99 SBB V48.88 Key Programmer Automotive Scanner Multi-Language SBB ECU Programmer Tool Replace SBB 46.02 33.LL"

Just checking, so you went with the latest version (48.99) or one of the older ones?

• 11 months later...

After months of delays getting something from eBay, I got the flip keys. I went with 433 MHz and the 4D60 transponder. Unfortunately, when the tech (not dealer) was going to program the keys, when he selected the vehicle, it came up with a warning that said something to the effect "absolutely make sure you are not on a G blade key." He never saw that warning before and he doesn't do many subarus, so he backed out. I forgot the name of the unit he was using, but it was fairly chunky unit in black.

Does anybody know what a G Blade Key is and is that warning applicable?

Failing all this, I have an appointment next Tuesday at the dealership to get the programming done there.