LegacyGT.com

Front sway bar upgrade uptions

I would like to eventually upgrade my front sway bar for better stickiness on corners.

are there any OEM options for this?

I have done my rear sway bar with a crosstrek XV sway bar.

I wanted to know if there was any options like that that would work for our cars.

Edited by fastcar123

the rear bar is the best upgrade to tame body roll, cornering grip is going to be tire related... stickier tires wear faster and are generally more expensive...

If you do upgrade your rear sway bar please also upgrade your endlinks or this could happen. These were the Whiteline but I’m going to upgrade to Moog or Kartboy.

8585be9601b29dabc084798ec31038af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whiteline has multiple rear bars. I use the 22 mm rear with the 24 mm front and like the neutral balance.

informenter-marker-1.png

How is the stiffness on the front?also how is the install?did u have to lift the motor a bit to get the 24mm fsb installed?thanks

The install was a pain - there's a bend to go around the turbo plumbing on a WRX that makes it difficult. I had to unbolt the front engine mount and tilt the engine up to make enough clearance. The thick bars control lean well, but a bump on one side induces some side-to-side shaking - definitely not a boulevard ride. In combination with my alignment (0 toe & -0.5* camber at all 4 corners) it's neutral at the limit and like to turn in.

informenter-marker-1.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
The install was a pain - there's a bend to go around the turbo plumbing on a WRX that makes it difficult. I had to unbolt the front engine mount and tilt the engine up to make enough clearance. The thick bars control lean well, but a bump on one side induces some side-to-side shaking - definitely not a boulevard ride. In combination with my alignment (0 toe & -0.5* camber at all 4 corners) it's neutral at the limit and like to turn in.

informenter-marker-1.png

Is this the 24mm bar for the 2008-2014 STi? BSF39XZ is the Part Number from whiteline. I saw another thread where some of the guys were giving this a shot but one of them was coming into some issues with metal on metal contact during small bumps/road depressions. have you had any issues?

• 8 months later...
Is this the 24mm bar for the 2008-2014 STi? BSF39XZ is the Part Number from whiteline. I saw another thread where some of the guys were giving this a shot but one of them was coming into some issues with metal on metal contact during small bumps/road depressions. have you had any issues?

Has this been addressed? I would love to see some current data on 2015 Legacy sway bar options.

I'm thinking of getting a 2015+ Legacy 3.6.

I would hold off on the 6th gen as a whole if you’re in a place to do so, especially now that the newest generation is a 2.4l turbo. As the 2.4l platform progresses there will be tons of aftermarket options for not only suspension but also engine power. Might have buyers remorse with newer gens only to come as well.