LegacyGT.com

why are OE engine mounts suddenly worth gold

So I have been piecing together parts for when I pull my engine. I want to replace the motor mounts with original OE, I am not looking to increase NVH.

A few months ago I priced out both motor mounts at ~ $80 each....I was going to order a bunch of stuff today and all of the sudden the price is astronomical

I usually order from Hanson Motors out of Washington because their prices are the best for OE...but still this is insane. Any ideas as to why the price hike?

Prices today:

Left- (MSRP = $168) --> (Hanson Motors = $126) - 41022AG01B

Right -(MSRP = $213) --> (Hanson Motors = $160) - 41022AG17B

Edited by jaylew

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild

https://www.google.com/search?q=OEM+motor+mounts+subaru+legacy&rlz=1C1OKWM_enUS906US906&oq=OEM+motor+mounts+subaru+legacy&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.15343j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Aftermarket is as good as OEM.

My wagon has motor mounts my trusted mechanic got from his normal supply chain, no increase in NVH.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I think that is what I am going to have to resort to. I wanted to keep OE but not for the new increased pricing. I really wonder what played a roll in the price hike (COVID?)

Maybe Subaru is getting ready to discontinue them. I know GM does that sometimes.

Coronavirus has halted production of almost everything. You're probably gonna see inflation of many ordinary items in your life soon, if you haven't already.

Get the Group N motor mounts anyways. Much more fun :lol:

Oh, and replace the dogbone mount (pitch stop mount) while you're in there as well. I'd recommend an OEM one for that, but searching for Group N dogbone mount on Google should get you what you're looking for.

I had group N everything on my 96 outback...had to rein in the screaming 130hp. I don't want that level of NVH on my GT. I am with Elight on this one. I will be going WESTAR (whoever the F they are) on rockauto since OE is far to expensive now :(

Wagon is LIFE! - 265,000 miles and climbing

Unofficial Build (Restoration) Thread

Steering Rack Rebuild