LegacyGT.com

Can you special order a 2021 Subaru Legacy XT model?

pronkie1

I'll post this here and in the New Legacy forum also.. I have a 2016 Legacy premium that has one year left on the extended warranty...Just paid off and kinda like not having a payment since the car sits out on the street under a cover and not driven much since retirement at the first of year...I like the new Legacy XT model but I can't handle the leather interior...I have a allegery to the smell of it so all my cars have cloth or one has vinyl....My question is can I order a XT with cloth? The website says no but just wondering if there's a way around it or just ask the dealer if they could switch the seats out for cloth? Probably will get one next year if this is doable.......

Thanks....

Frank T

Camarillo CA

Doesn't your 5.0 Mustang have leather? I thought that model had a white leather interior.

I have never heard of Subaru doing special order one off models. You might be able to find someone who will trade a cloth interior, but it might still have leather on various other trim parts. I don't know about the 7th Gen but the previous 3 generation leather seats, where only partially leather (probably not the 6th Gen Touring). The seat inserts were leather, the rest was vinyl.

Subaru does their cars in a few different levels - base, premium, limited, sport (for some cars) and touring (for some cars). Limited and Touring have leather seats. Since the XT is only available as a limited or touring, you can only get it with leather seats. (was the same way when I got my GT - the 12 Legacy GT was only available as a limited trim, so leather seats.

You can look to swap with someone who has cloth seats, or get cloth covers, the latter enabling you to keep the power driver and passenger seats.

Thanks for the input.. The Mustang did have leather but being a convertible I got it with sun baked upholstery.. Bought vinyl upholstery from TMI industries which was a lot cheaper than leather..I know anything possible but just finding a dealer that would go the extra mile is the key.. I could order one , then ask the dealer to swap it out on a base or premium model. I would get credit for not taking the leather seats but also have to deal with the air bags that are installed .. Or maybe just buy another premium or wait for the Mazda 6 that will be rwd..

• 8 months later...

I mean you could try contacting Subaru, but I doubt they'd make that big of a change. Even if they would, you're gonna have to wait a while for it to be built.

That said, every shot you don't take is one you won't make!

You could also swap in cloth seats and sell the ones you have if the dealer won't make the swap for you.

Wow.....that's quick! I ordered a new Ram HD on 1/21/21. I should see it this week or next but haven't heard anything. This whole chip shortage thing is screwing things up pretty bad.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk