LegacyGT.com

p2021 and p2138 HELP

I recently keep getting the cold p2021 and p2138 from my car

everytime engine light come on ,

car RPM jump all the way to 5k rpm and stay's there also lag of power

and rpm running rough. don't know what's going on with this motor after rebuilt someone help

TPS sensor replaced,

plug's been cleaned with wire cleaner

MAF cleaned

no leak

don't know why it keep giving me those issue can someone help

really want my car to run smooth again .

P2138 Sounds like this could be an issue with the connector that attaches to the gas pedal, circled in the attached picture. I'm wondering if that connector is loose, or maybe if there is moisture or corrosion present there. I'm reading a few people say that the problem went away after replacing the pedal.

With that said, don't go out and buy a new pedal just yet.

I'm reading that p2021 has to do with the tumbler generator valves (TGV), or their sensors. I've heard that the tgv's can stick if they have a lot of build up in them, and that can cause problems. I'm wondering if maybe there is an issue with one of the tgv gaskets, one of the sensors, there are a few things that could be going on.

Some pictures of the tumbler generator valves can be seen in the link below

http://www.grimmspeed.com/gs-tumble-generator-valve-tgv-delete-service/

Based off some of your older posts it sounds like you have a 2005 legacy gt? If so, I would post this in the turbo powertrains section or the general fourth gen legacy section instead

subarupedal.jpg.20ab3525a98810892d614b8e28b94576.jpg

Edited by apexi

P2138 Sounds like this could be an issue with the connector that attaches to the gas pedal, circled in the attached picture. I'm wondering if that connector is loose, or maybe if there is moisture or corrosion present there. I'm reading a few people say that the problem went away after replacing the pedal.

With that said, don't go out and buy a new pedal just yet.

I'm reading that p2021 has to do with the tumbler generator valves (TGV), or their sensors. I've heard that the tgv's can stick if they have a lot of build up in them, and that can cause problems. I'm wondering if maybe there is an issue with one of the tgv gaskets, one of the sensors, there are a few things that could be going on.

Some pictures of the tumbler generator valves can be seen in the link below

http://www.grimmspeed.com/gs-tumble-generator-valve-tgv-delete-service/

Based off some of your older posts it sounds like you have a 2005 legacy gt? If so, I would post this in the turbo powertrains section or the general fourth gen legacy section instead

yes I have an 05 legacy gt.

I recently done a rebuilt of m car but keep having issue after issue so I sent my car back to repair, and the they emailed me today stated that the p2138 is the pedal sensor and it needed to be replace , he stated is like $200

then P2021 he stated is the TVG I needed to be deleted if I wan the code to be remove , but I don't know If I should trust him

also the car sometime stall on the highway or street that's why worry.

P2138

The accelerator pedal has a short inside and needs to be replaced. Only way to do so is to put in a new accelerator pedal The part from the dealer new is $163. This is why the car falls on its face and goes into "limp" mode and feels like it has no power.

P2021

This is a TGV code. Sensor has a malfunction and needs to be replaced. Their are plenty of used ones out there to try however most subaru owners delete the tgv and have the code deleted from the computer if you would like us to do so.

this is what my tech told me...

i'm going to replace them and see what happen

• 6 years later...
My husband has been having the same problem with our 06 Legacy 2.5i. The first time it happened was about a month ago, all the sudden the car started idling rough, the CEL came on and the cruise control light started flashing and then the car went into limp mode. He was able to pull off to the shoulder and we got the car home okay, still idling rough. We checked the code when we got home and it was P2138. I read that some people had tried cleaning the throttle body and doing an idle relearn and it worked for them. Did that and it worked fine for a couple weeks but this week it did the same thing again and threw the same code. My husband has been lucky that he goes to work early in the morning before the traffic is so bad and that it hasn't happened on the freeway yet, but we want to get this resolved asap because it is dangerous! I read on the Turbo thread and on a Subaru Outback forum that people had replaced the entire pedal assembly and didn't have any more issues. It seems a little drastic and I am also having a hard time finding the part anywhere. Any thoughts on something else we could try? We talked to a guy at O'Reilly's that had mentioned it could be a bad Throttle Position Sensor. I am also wondering if it might be a bad wiring connection since it is intermittent?