LegacyGT.com

Anyone here rocking the trunk spoiler? (2018)

This SpoilerKing model is only $69, but you have to have it painted (or paint it yourself) if you don't want black...

https://www.spoilerking.net/product.sc?productId=465&categoryId=998

I bought a spoiler from another 'Spoiler King' for the 2017 ($99 vs, $350 Honda OEM) Honda and used 3M Tape... No problems after a year... That one came in Red, matched the Factory Color and looked identical to OEM... I used the VHB 3M double sided tape...

IMO, I don't think the Legacy needs one, but the Honda did... :)

So no drilling?

How you like it so far?

That's what I thought but this is also the same dealership that had to check and make sure going to full synthetic oil wouldn't void my 3.6 warranty... :rolleyes:

I dig it. It was a requirement for me going in. I just don't think it looks right without it. For cosmetic accessories I limit it to $500 or less until the car is paid off, the spoiler easily comes in under that.

I've got the spoiler but I didn't install it. From what I recall when they were trying to put me in a lot model instead of ordering I think it's just a stick on.

Can you post a pic of the spoiler on your car?

I've got the spoiler but I didn't install it. From what I recall when they were trying to put me in a lot model instead of ordering I think it's just a stick on.

There are screws per the Factory Service Manual (for the OE Subaru one)

*EDIT: I saw this in the installation manual from the STI download website - was going to post a screenshot here but I did not download it (since I opted out of the spoiler on mine) and now my subscription has expired.

There are screws per the Factory Service Manual (for the OE Subaru one)

*EDIT: I saw this in the installation manual from the STI download website - was going to post a screenshot here but I did not download it (since I opted out of the spoiler on mine) and now my subscription has expired.

https://techinfo.subaru.com/stis/doc/accInstallGuide/E721SAL000%20Legacy%20Trunk%20Spoiler%20Installation%20Instructions.pdf

I did the OEM spoiler on my Infinity M37XS and it was drilled like the Subaru. I did it myself and it took a bit over an hour or so. Instructions were almost identical. If I had to do it again, I'd buy an aftermarket off eBay like mentioned above from a reliable and top rated manufacturer with 3M tape versus drilling. If you do decide to go OEM, do what I did and, after drilling the holes in the deck lid, use an automotive primer to seal the metal BEFORE installing the spoiler. I guarantee you the dealers don't do that but it will inhibit rust and you won't have to ever worry about it.

• 1 month later...
So no drilling?

QUOTE]

I can confirm that it requires drilling as the "bolts" are part of the actual spoiler. I suppose you could grind them off and just tape it.

Thank you. I think I’ll pass, the current one works fine since it has a subtle spoiler.

Don't forget that installing a rear spoiler adds about 10 HP to the car.....

That butt-dyno is good! However it adds a tiny bit of weight, which I can feel in the trunk lid when opening and closing. That's probably my bicep-dyno though.

Archived