LegacyGT.com

What exaust to go with

Both will more than likely end in a you get what you pay for scenario

I bet both will be unmistakably a eBay exhaust. When you drive by people will say things like "HOLY COW, lool at that fart tube"

Love my Q300 mated to a catted DP. Reserved gurgle at idle and low RPMs but can scream when you open her up. Has a bit of a drone on the highway and I've heard from a few wagon guys that it can get a little too droney for their tastes. Plus the quad tips look great.

I'd suggest going with KartBoy stock-length hangers to replace any old rubber ones regardless of your setup - tucks the mufflers up nicely and really cuts down on movement. I've had my old bumper melt a bit on twisty roads due to the tips touching the cut-outs while running the 10 year old rubbers.

How does that X-Force sound ?

I see Summit Racing carry's them.

I love it! It's loud enough to hear the rumble when idling, it has a nice sound when you're cruising, and when when you WOT it sounds so good and it gets loud! I've had it for almost a year now and went through winter with it. No rust or anything yet.

I'll be selling my Nameless muffler delete axle back for the wagon in the next couple weeks, if you're interested. Same fitment, but it will stick out a couple inches since the wagon bumper is longer than the sedan. It was one of the last ones on the shelf before they switched from the double wall to the single wall design. Installed Sept 2016, approx. 15k miles. Love the sound you get from such a simple mod, but I am upgrading my turboback and wont need it

I have the Gimmick Motorsports Catback, good fit, nice tips ;) , fairly affordable and great sound. I'm on the stock downpipe for now and there is no drone on the highwayfe354655ff4cb87bc3aa12b2d2c4e3da.jpgc48138d8821980f0ad5fcef3693380e4.jpg1d63f00df0853b3749045cf4e76acc10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I have the Gimmick Motorsports Catback, good fit, nice tips ;) , fairly affordable and great sound. I'm on the stock downpipe for now and there is no drone on the highwayfe354655ff4cb87bc3aa12b2d2c4e3da.jpgc48138d8821980f0ad5fcef3693380e4.jpg1d63f00df0853b3749045cf4e76acc10.jpg

Any video clips of how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any video clips of how it sounds?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My car is currently under repair so I'll have one next week, but this video convinced me to get it in the first place

Too bad you're not local. I would have sold you my Q300 for $300. Going back to the matter on hand though. Are you looking for a particular sound level or just looks?

Love my Q300 mated to a catted DP. Reserved gurgle at idle and low RPMs but can scream when you open her up. Has a bit of a drone on the highway and I've heard from a few wagon guys that it can get a little too droney for their tastes. Plus the quad tips look great.

I'd suggest going with KartBoy stock-length hangers to replace any old rubber ones regardless of your setup - tucks the mufflers up nicely and really cuts down on movement. I've had my old bumper melt a bit on twisty roads due to the tips touching the cut-outs while running the 10 year old rubbers.

Exact same setup I have here, q300 with catted invidia downpipe, I used the grimmspeed adjustable hangers and it fits great and sounds amazing

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

I had to add motorcycle exhaust baffles to my Q300 to make the thing tolerable. It doesn't have true dual tip mufflers, there is a "Y" pipe inside the can. As such with the tips being different lengths it creates resonance and odd interference pasterns between them. Putting baffles in one of the pipes on each muffler significantly smoothed out the sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hogzaust convert here. I actually bought the car with this mod done a few years ago and never bothered to take it off. It's not the greatest sounding but gets me close enough. I don't like making a racket so much as being able to judge my RPM based on sound rather than tach.

I may go back to stock for the purposes of selling it, or maybe I'll get lucky and find a buyer who likes it as much as I do.

Archived