LegacyGT.com

Will 225/60/16 fit?

98 legacy gt limited auto. I know stock ia 205 55 16 but will 225 60 16 rub? Car will be sittting on kyb struts and H&R springs. Tires are like new and under 100$ for a set of 4 so dont wanna pass it up i need tires badly. Not my ideal plan for taller tires but for the price its worth it.

Any ideas of if they will rub or not?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

They will rub and they will not clear the lower perch. I had 225/60/16's on '03 Forester rims. Tried to mount them before switching over to the Forester struts and they wouldn't clear the spring perch. After switching struts, they cleared the perch but would rub on the rear fender every time the suspension was compressed (speed bumps, hard cornering.) Swapped out to 215/60/16 and they work great for every day driving but will rub when fully compressed. Side hill, left rear wheel off the ground type of compressed. This is on a 96 L wagon.

Those tires are 7/8" wider than stock. 7/16" closer to the spring perch.

They are also 1 and 3/4" taller than stock. Exactly 7/8" closer to the spring perch.

Check those numbers and measure everything out. But if PDX here says he had them and it didn't work, then they probably don't.

The GT struts are the same dimensions as the L model. Outback models, however, are different and have a higher spring perch, thus allowing a taller tire to to clear the perch. Unless wagonista gave a GT an Outback paint job, we're talking about two different tolerances.

Hell yes they fit. I have been running these since 2008.

Yeeeeeesss! This gives me hope. Any chance you could get a photo showing the clearance between the bottom perch and the tire? I have 225/60/16s on my LL bean wheels, and I want to make sure I can still run that size when I put in my 03 WRX stuff.

Hell yes they fit. I have been running these since 2008.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Django/Subaru/OCTOBER2008/dsc_0046.jpg

Did you have to do anything special to get your 04 STi struts to bolt on or was it a direct fit? And did you have to use different rear top hats?

Archived