LegacyGT.com

Megan Racing Down Pipe

SATSFYD

I see on ebay that there is a Megan Racing Down Pipe for sale.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MEGAN-RACING-Down-Pipe-Subaru-Legacy-GT-M-T-05_W0QQitemZ400101565292QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5d27e9636c

Two questions for all:

1. Does Megan Racing make good pipes?:confused:

2. Has anyone thought of buying one and cutting off the "bell mouth" and welding it to their stock pipe to stay emissions legal? ;)

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR THE PRICE BUY THE NIVIDIA [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n6nYz-3UEo]YouTube- 08 WRX Invidia N1 Catback Exhaust w/ UR Downpipe with Cat[/ame] best bang for the buck dude and i had a full megan racing exhaust system on my maxima sounded nice but performance was not there and rusted quick!!! grage kept too oh yea and Please do us all a favor and tune your car if you do get any mods for it. dont let that turbo backspin. cobb it or dyno it...

I don't know much about Megan Racing in the JDM world, but when I was with VW we avoided Megan parts like the PLAGUE. Their parts, especially suspension, are the biggest pieces of crap. I don't know if this is the case with the JDM world, but I still avoid all of their parts. I just picked up an Invidia downpipe.

2. Has anyone thought of buying one and cutting off the "bell mouth" and welding it to their stock pipe to stay emissions legal? ;)

I would be interested to see if that technique actually yielded any gains. If anything I imagine it might decrease spool time a little bit? Either way, it seems like a lot of money for very little gain.

DO NOT GO WITH MEGAN RACING. Please check previous threads, I have already created a thread stating that MEGAN RACING UPPIPE = SHIT UPPIPE. They do not fit and cause exhaust leaks. Go with an STI uppipe. I have just purchased one and if you can hang tight I will post pictures and let you know about fitment. Either way...DO NOT GO WITH MEGAN RACING THEY SUCK

DO NOT GO WITH MEGAN RACING. Please check previous threads, I have already created a thread stating that MEGAN RACING UPPIPE = SHIT UPPIPE. They do not fit and cause exhaust leaks. Go with an STI uppipe. I have just purchased one and if you can hang tight I will post pictures and let you know about fitment. Either way...DO NOT GO WITH MEGAN RACING THEY SUCK

Guess their reputation in the DTM world holds true in JDM land. Good to know! I've been avoiding them like the plague anyway!

Guess their reputation in the DTM world holds true in JDM land. Good to know! I've been avoiding them like the plague anyway!

Dude totally suck. And as a company themselves they blow. I tried to contact them and got nothing really. They said they will send me another pipe and make sure it is square, but if you look at the OEM uppipe the area around the pipe itself is actually raised and the corners of the flange are a little lower...they don't even know this. How are you going to make a pipe if you don't know the specs??!!

Anyway Megan Racing ='s shit in the car modification world!

DO NOT GO WITH MEGAN RACING. Please check previous threads, I have already created a thread stating that MEGAN RACING UPPIPE = SHIT UPPIPE.

:lol::lol::lol: Because an Up Pipe is a DP and new members that already created threads that they don't respond to or upload pics to know everything.

:lol::lol::lol: Because an Up Pipe is a DP and new members that already created threads that they don't respond to or upload pics to know everything.

The DP can be pretty bad too. There used to be some serious weld issues (like, as in, huge gaps in the weld).

The UP flange is too weak and it bends. Mine required a double gasket to seal properly.

The Outback coilovers have been known to spontaneously explode.

I guess we should all get forum lessons from LosAngelesLGT...seems to be forum king. A Megan Racing pipe is a Megan Racing pipe...is it not? Point made...they suck period, uppipe, downpipe doesn't matter the company sucks.

Maybe you should read a threads about other peoples cars on here and see that some members are running catless megan DP without issues. I considered them for under $200 when I was considering catless.

Instead of spewing so much hatred (which is GREAT for your blood pressure:lol:), maybe you should channel some of that energy into taking a few pictures to illustrate your point (which you have NOT made) and write a review?

EDIT: The lord of LGT tuning himself once reviewed the Meg noCat DP:

"This is without a question the best afermarket downpipe in regards to performance for the dollar! I went to this piece from a gutted oem downpipe, low end was similar, midrange was a bit better, topend pull was a nice improvement over the gutted stocker. There were some installation woes as the downpipe had clearance issues with the tranny crossmember, but it just took a little modifing with a hammer. "

^making a point. You get what you pay for.

So the answers to my questions are as follows:

1. Megan Racing pipes = bad

2. Unknown or no one has done it yet... and gains are unknown.

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Archived