Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It took a couple of weeks in processing/shipping, but within the timeframe he describes on the website. Installed it last weekend (took me probably around an hour and a half, maybe 2) and it works well. The instructions on the website are great.

I picked up a small set of trim removal tools from the local auto parts store - probably not really necessary but I didn't want to damage the trim up.

I installed it with a female 3.5mm jack that I mounted to the bottom of the center console.

Hi all,

I too have emailed and submitted the contact form to jazzy several times and haven't heard anything back. Disassembling and reassembling the unit was pretty simple, as others have mentioned. I installed it with the gli component as well. However, when I connect the power to the whole unit to test it with the blank CD, everything powers on but the CD player does not play. I tested the silent CD that came with the kit, made my own silent CD, and also tried a regular music CD - none of them play. I checked all my connections multiple times. The radio works, but not the CD player. Does anyone have any ideas? It would make more sense to me if there was no power getting to the CD player, but it makes sounds as soon as its connected and the display comes on, just the tracks don't show up or advance. Would love your thoughts.

I would maybe put everything back together without the Jazzy board installed and see if the cd player works to isolate whether the car's stereo unit is faulty or possibly the Jazzy unit and how it's installed, though it sounds like you've checked up on the installation.

I guess that is what I'd try. Good luck!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Has anyone devised a way to make this Bluetooth? There’s a couple wireless Bluetooth aux adaptors but would it be possible to get power to them through the HU wires? They’re all charged via microUSB. It’s just way more convenient when you and your friends have the new iPhones.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let everyone know that I successfully installed this amazing feat of engineering in my 06 Subaru Legacy Wagon with a single CD deck and manual CC!

I followed the instructions to a "T" and noted a few extra screws in the removal of the deck and only 2 screws (instead of 4 in the instructions) to release the CD player from the whole radio.

IT WORKS!!! WOOOOOOOO!!! I can't thank you enough @jazzymt! :spin:

- B

Okay so I installed my Aux pro kit (which includes the RCA filter cable) 2 days ago and it was working perfectly fine until yesterday my radio started restarting itself. I was casually driving and all of a sudden music stopped playing out the speakers. The music would still be playing on my phone but there would be a high pitch beep sound and hard thumps would come from the speakers, then the display turns off for a few seconds including the manual climate controls. Then when it reboots, the display comes back on, theres no sound for a few seconds, and then the music comes back on. But then the whole process happens all over again randomly after a few minutes. It's kinds scary, it sounds like my radios about to explode lol.

I already tried taking it all apart and paying close attention making sure I'm not attaching anything incorrectly when putting back together but still nothing.

Any suggestions? :confused:

• 1 month later...
I just bought a 2005 LGT from a dealer and I believe the previous owner naught and installed this product but I dont have the silent CD. What exactly is the silent CD, is it just a blank disk or do I have to write silence onto it? And how would I go about doing that? Thank you for any help