LegacyGT.com

WTB: OBXT manual transmission

dvancleve

Update: based on time and expense, I decided to put a TSK3 kit on my original transmission...

Howdy folks.

Well the thing that’s wrong with my clutch turns out to be the snout of the transmission is trashed. Maybe one of those PDM TSK3 kits might save it, but it would be iffy. Best solution that doesn’t break the bank would be finding a decent used transmission. Anybody got one, that you’re willing to ship to Arizona, or any good leads? I don’t see many of these things around, and rebuilt or new is too much money...

Thanks, Doug

Edited by dvancleve

i have two. one is about 80k miles, the other is about 160k. I suspect the 80k had a teenager driving it. the 160k was adult owned. no idea on pricing. shipping is either by truck on a pallet or maybe greyhound. never shipped one before so new territory

Thanks for responding! Just to clarify, these are OBXT transmissions? It is my understanding that because of the gearing (4.44), these are unicorns not used in any other Subarus.

As far as shipping goes, I think they get banded to a pallet and shipped by truck. I’ve never shipped or received anything like that myself though...

Regards, Doug

Edited by dvancleve

I could ship you a case to transplant all your parts into.

Thanks for responding! What would you want for a case? I presume it has a good snout? Any idea on the shipping $ damage (Chandler, AZ 85248)?

Regards, Doug

Thanks for responding! Just to clarify, these are OBXT transmissions? It is my understanding that because of the gearing (4.44), these are unicorns not used in any other Subarus.

As far as shipping goes, I think they get banded to a pallet and shipped by truck. I’ve never shipped or received anything like that myself though...

Regards, Doug

sorry. lgt only. Forgot about the unicorn factor until later. Maybe its time for a 6mt upgrade? Also check subaru parts places online as sometimes you get lucky