LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

System looks like top quality, silencer is cool, should be a very mellow tone.

How much?

Probably north of $1k if I get it shipped over from Japan.

I love the build quality of HKS and I've had Silent Hi-Power and ES Prem, but both had droned on me; so I want to try that style mid pipe that's supposed to help with it.

The downside to the Super Turbo is that it doesn't mimic the stock routing. So it's a complete cutback and I can't mix/match. It doesn't look like it from the pictures, but the tips are 124mm/4.88" in diameter; which are slightly larger than the Silent Hi-Power.

Edited by Infosecdad

If your stock exhaust needs to be replaced and you want real mellow that looks like the way to go, I'm impressed with my Greddy SP2, ( real lucky find and buy) tips are a touch smaller than the HKS and it's probably a bit louder but I have no drone ( I lined the entire spare tire area with sound deading material too) Not sure what will happen if I go stage 2 though, my JmP custom VF40 sits and waits for me to make up my mind.

If your stock exhaust needs to be replaced and you want real mellow that looks like the way to go, I'm impressed with my Greddy SP2, ( real lucky find and buy) tips are a touch smaller than the HKS and it's probably a bit louder but I have no drone ( I lined the entire spare tire area with sound deading material too) Not sure what will happen if I go stage 2 though, my JmP custom VF40 sits and waits for me to make up my mind.

I'm running without mufflers at all right now. With the stock dp I think the cats restrict flow enough to quiet it down a lot. Stock mid pipe too. Awfulwaffle gave up on his nameless deletes after a while and was surprised how quiet my car was.

My suspicion is replacing the dp is where a lot of noise comes from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll agree the 3" downpipe is where the loudness comes from. Even with the stock resonator after the Dp its not to bad.

For us wagon guys, I think its just better to go to exhaust shop and have something made up custom so the tips come out far enough.

You'll most likely spend a little less the over $1000.

I'm currently ruining the stock midpipe to the exhaust shop maga-flow knock off mufflers. If you want a pleasant exhaust on the highway, this is it. It's barely louder then stock cruising but has a nice tone at idle and under WOT. But no where near loud.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Confirmed - his car is remarkably quiet for not having any mufflers.

I did measure it at 90db at WOT in cabin though so it gets loud. That really is the main thing, at idle it sounds nearly stock imo. At WOT it's almost unbearable. No drone though lol.

Just a quick shout out for Tom at Kartboy. Ordered one of those silly christmas ornaments and it never came. Just sent him an email asking about it. Took less than 15 minutes for him to say he shipped it out but sent me a refund and said to keep it as a momento of 2020 if it ever shows up.

Oh my exhaust is very not stock at the moment.

I'm just looking for a little variety. :lol:

I like the look of the pair of larger exhaust opening than a set of smaller quad tips for this wagon. I've run a bunch of different ones over the years and my current setup is nice and mellow without drone; but I'm looking for something that's a little deeper, but still minus the drone. I like trying to find more rare setups just to experiment, toying with Ganador Titanium axle back at the moment... But not sure I'll shell out for it or not.

The larger tips have grown on me, I too like them better that 2 smaller ones.

I'm going to check out how loud mine is in cabin once the weather goes away.

Checked it, in cabin is 75db WOT.

1932769272_GreddyEx.thumb.jpg.ce1d845008ee7895dd166a1fa7c01f2f.jpg

Edited by JJr

I just changed out my tranny and rear diff fluid a couple weeks ago.

It was the most pleasant drain and refill I've had yet.

Probably because I still haven't regained my sense of smell from COVID so I couldn't smell the gear oil which is usually so bad for me... :lol:

Anyone know if this much of a ramp is normal on the 3rd gear shift collar? All the other rings are a symmetrical point. The one I replaced on my 07 looks similar but I know that one was worn. 275d3216089149369981d6790203c088.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Edited by B-BGTLimited

I installed new strut top dust covers. New strut mounts don't include them I guess. Also got one new hatch strut (other one is somewhere between Amazon and me), a new front O2 sensor and a new cowl end cover piece that disappeared at some point. So a few little bits to install this weekend.

Also drove the car around and tried to data log. That didn't go so swimmingly. The AP lost comms about half the time and I ended up with a bunch of corrupted logs. I'm not really surprised since my scan tool won't connect to the car but the AP will, so something is wrong with the OBD2 connector or wiring.

Installed a Cobb TMIC coupler since the OEM ends were beginning to look suspect.

Got parts to make the reverse lock out on the 6MT functional (Spec-B reverse cable) and fix the lock out rattle. Project for another day.

5778fa1f6f2129327473015d099ae70c.jpg

9092fd96fa9619502c3f359f1681581e.jpg

2006 Legacy GT Wagon - Regamasters, Evo X Recaros, STI 6MT, Brembo 6-Pots (in progress)

@regashiii

Installed a Cobb TMIC coupler since the OEM ends were beginning to look suspect.

Got parts to make the reverse lock out on the 6MT functional (Spec-B reverse cable) and fix the lock out rattle. Project for another day.

Perrin makes a 1-piece lockout ring/boot holder. It fixed my rattle.

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

How loose ya going? Just the tops or the middle rings too?
They came up at a min of 0.008 - 0.010 on the top and 0.012 - 0.016 on the second ring. BTW that 0.012 is below subaru spec min of 0.015.

My CP build is at 0.021 top and 0.027 on the second so I split the difference and came up with a target of 0.015 for the top and 0.021 for the second.

Ended up with 3 at 0.015 and one at 0.016 for the top and three at 0.022 and one at 0.024 for the second.

That should be plenty safe and still tighter than my current engine that doesn't burn any excess oil.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Wait, I'm a little confused. Do you have a 5MT with the 6MT's reverse lockout? Or is that a 6MT with a 5MT knob?