LegacyGT.com

Facelifted '14 headlights into a '10 car

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to put the '14 (face-lifted) headlights into a '10 car without changing any body panel(fenders, bumper, hood, mounting points, etc)? Do the headlights fit exactly like the '10 headlights? I recently got in a minor accident which damaged one of my headlights. The insurance agreed to replace both headlights as replacing just one will make the other one look old. The problem is my Subaru dealer is hesitant to order the face-lifted headlights as it might not be a straight bolt on they said. I just need a confirmation that it will be a straight bolt-on so we can be sure.

Thanks,

Ivan

They are straight on bolt as I have installed them on my car. I personally think they look better much better than stock 10-12.

The 13-14 Legacy Headlights are partially blacked out. The 13-14 Outback headlights are all chrome with the C’s. (‘14 OB special appearance are the same partially black led out as the Legacy).

They are straight on bolt as I have installed them on my car. I personally think they look better much better than stock 10-12.

The 13-14 Legacy Headlights are partially blacked out. The 13-14 Outback headlights are all chrome with the C’s. (‘14 OB special appearance are the same partially black led out as the Legacy).

Thanks. Here in my country, 10-12 headlights are also partially blacked out. They're just lacking the C's.

6NY6sWK.thumb.jpg.995ebb5415f8a8d78cb3a2302844e6ac.jpg

I found this one-off set on the yahoo.jp auctions a while back, and they're just simply perfect. I wish I had bought them, even for the $600 they were listed at. Every single set should have been exactly like this from the factory. Unfortunately, everything like this for us has to be custom one-off.

PY9284T.jpg

BoSJuXS.jpg

k9rBmHq.jpg

ti3mlEV.jpg

Crazy to think that Mexico got all JDM versions of the 5th gen. 5AT GT's, SI-Drive, GT up to 2014. All LHD too. I wish Mexican internet sites weren't so difficult for me to navigate (or even find), to see if I could source some body pieces and trim stuff.

Check this one. Hell of a lot of car for $14k USD> https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-650141787-subaru-legacy-25-gt-mt-2013-_JM

I found this one-off set on the yahoo.jp auctions a while back, and they're just simply perfect. I wish I had bought them, even for the $600 they were listed at. Every single set should have been exactly like this from the factory. Unfortunately, everything like this for us has to be custom one-off.

PY9284T.jpg

BoSJuXS.jpg

k9rBmHq.jpg

ti3mlEV.jpg

Wow! Now I'm getting more excited about my new headlights. Even without those LEDs, I think the newer facelifted headlights really freshens up the look of the 5th gen.

Drooool!

That looks to be done to OE quality, very nice!

Another thing to take into account is being from Japan, those are probably OEM HID assemblies, more expensive in the first place.

But if we compare it to the price of one headlight here locally, it's actually a bargain lol. Our headlights here cost 82k (around $1500) each. EACH!

I'm now actually doubting that the insurance will agree to replace the other side just because of the price alone.

If they won't, I think I'll just push through with them replacing the damaged one with a facelifted one, then find one for the other side on Japanese auctions. Looking at buyee website it looks like there are a lot available hehe.

About the RHD cutoff, I'm planning to have the projectors retrofitted anyway so it's not gonna be a problem.

But if we compare it to the price of one headlight here locally, it's actually a bargain lol. Our headlights here cost 82k (around $1500) each. EACH!

I'm now actually doubting that the insurance will agree to replace the other side just because of the price alone.

If they won't, I think I'll just push through with them replacing the damaged one with a facelifted one, then find one for the other side on Japanese auctions. Looking at buyee website it looks like there are a lot available hehe.

About the RHD cutoff, I'm planning to have the projectors retrofitted anyway so it's not gonna be a problem.

Ouch! Good thing you were insured bro!

I hope you can convince insurance to get you the pair.

If you will get them retrofitted have them put in C-lights too! I'm impressed with Firedrake's work and I think they may be able to pull it off. I see them do similar on Hyundai Accents, this will be easier since ther is a C-shaped base in the light already.

Crazy to think that Mexico got all JDM versions of the 5th gen. 5AT GT's, SI-Drive, GT up to 2014. All LHD too. I wish Mexican internet sites weren't so difficult for me to navigate (or even find), to see if I could source some body pieces and trim stuff.

Check this one. Hell of a lot of car for $14k USD> https://auto.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-650141787-subaru-legacy-25-gt-mt-2013-_JM

Dude, if you can navigate the Japanese sites, I'm sure the Mexican ones will be easy when you get the hang of it.

I am in awe of your search skills on there, I am wading through it with the help of Google Translate and I come up with giberish most of the time, finding all those rare JDM parts for cheap is quite a feat :lol:

Archived