LegacyGT.com

ECT sensor connector

Hello all,

I successfully tested eliminating of high warm up idle speed so that every time I start my car idles at 1000rpm instead of close to 2000rpm and when I shift from P to D it will go back to ECT sensor whatever temperature it measures. No check engine light for this.

the trick is using 460 ohm resistor and relay with 5 pins.

Now I do not want to cut or splice into original wiring. I can find on ebay ECT sensor pig tail connector, but what I do not know how to search for is the connector that looks like the female socket of the ECT sensor. Basically I can find connector that plugs into the ECT sensor, but on the other side I need the connector that looks like the ECT sensor connecting socket so I can bridge the current ECT sensor with original connector that plugs into the ECT.

Then I will be able to cut into ect. Can somebody please help me find it? think of it like male and female connector connected with two wires that you can plug into each other and make a circle

Edited by aki334

Buy an ECT, gut it for the connector.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Good thinking. I was thinking about it at the beginning. Looks like that will be the only option. I was hoping that there will be something already available.

Not sure about you guys but this 2000 rpm cold start is stupid. If I knew about it I would not buy it new. Dealer had it already warmed up when I tested so I did not know. All my cars in life idled max 1000 rpm when cold. Now the it starts and stays quiet like a normal car, plus less wear on the engine components.

The high cold idle bugs me as I'm ready to move before it idles down and my 3.6 nearly wants to rocket out of the garage. Irritating. So I wait until it drops below 1500 before putting in gear. Takes a minute. If I'm in a hurry I stand on the brake so the car won't slip when going into gear.

I never considered modding the harness to defeat it. I'd be interested I'm seeing your schematic for this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Edited by hkshooter