LegacyGT.com

The official 2020 Legacy thread

aac0036

Mediocrity 2020 is coming. More images in the links below.

The first model has a single concealed exhaust while the second has visible duals, which points to 2 engine options.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/07/16/2020-subaru-legacy-spy-shots/

http://i64.tinypic.com/er0wmr.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/5l5ieg.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/2ugyqed.jpg

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/06/2020-subaru-legacy-spied-testing-its-new-platform.html

http://i63.tinypic.com/309tzdg.jpg

http://i65.tinypic.com/731jcz.jpg

Edited by aac0036

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was supposed to be on the new global platform? The roof and rear door opening look the same as the current model. Looks like the same thing Toyota did with the Camry last generation when they put the fake window in the back because the roof was borrowed from the old version before moving to their global platform as well. Clunky.

It would not surprise me if Subaru only made subtle changes to the 7th Gen Legacy, making it more of an evolution of the current model's styling. The SGP Impreza, Crosstrek and Forester do not have drastically different styling than the prior generations.

A source in another forum (I am not going to link post as to bring attention to the person) wrote one of the prototype 2020 Legacy had the 2.4DIT in it. This is good news given that the Forester went down to 1 engine after the SGP redesign. With Legacy and US Sedan sales on down trend, 2.5i engine only Legacy could have been a possibility. Obviously Subaru could change their mind but this is a start. No MT Legacy models which isn't unexpected.

Was looking to replace my 2013 2.5i legacy with something newer, but looking at this, very snooze fest. I couldn't believe they made the 2020 look *WORSE* than the 2015. What happened to CONFIDENCE IN MOTION? This just looks like blocky, unaerodynamic in motion.

Guess I will be shopping elsewhere (might even consider a FWD at this point)

I absolutely hate when automakers cheat with a plastic filler piece behind a poorly integrated back door where there should be glass in the C pillar. Gonna have to shoot for a BMW 3 Series to get a proper Hofmeister kink!

A source in another forum (I am not going to link post as to bring attention to the person) wrote one of the prototype 2020 Legacy had the 2.4DIT in it. This is good news given that the Forester went down to 1 engine after the SGP redesign. With Legacy and US Sedan sales on down trend, 2.5i engine only Legacy could have been a possibility. Obviously Subaru could change their mind but this is a start. No MT Legacy models which isn't unexpected.

don't know what forum that could be.

but plenty speculation threads were raked into a new section on the outback board.

(more to give them all a home,

in advance of the nothing burger of the 2019, ...outside of the end of the 3.6 get them while you can).

https://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/233-gen-6-2020-future/

:bbq:

Edited by eagleeye

don't know what forum that could be.

but plenty speculation threads were raked into a new section on the outback board.

NASOIC and the post has been deleted. It was known SIA employee (who leaked other accurate information) saying one of the Legacy prototypes had the hood open and the engine was a FA24DIT and one of the project managers also told him that as well. I didn't want to get anyone in trouble.

Bring back the LGT and I'll be interested. I feel like I gave up a lot fo the refinement when I gave up the GT for the WRX....I mean, I have no regrets, but I want to have my cake and eat it too.

That's exactly why I ended up in the Legacy camp rather than WRX. Before the WRX even got here, I drove a 2000 2.5RS and a '98 Legacy GT back-to-back. That was back when the regular Impreza and Legacy both had the 2.2.

I was underwhelmed with the interior of the 2.5RS and impressed with the '98 LGT, so I bought it, and never looked back. I then moved up to an '05 GT. The Legacy is a definite step up in interior refinement.

With the GT missing for the last 6 years, I occasionally look longingly at the new WRX but remember that bargain-basement interior and push the thought away.

I don't know what Subaru will call it when the 2.4 DIT replaces the 3.6, but it should be a comparable to a Legacy GT even if they name it something different. Even if it's mildly tuned, aftermarket parts can spice things up.

I'm hoping we'll get some STI components to add on.

I don't know what Subaru will call it when the 2.4 DIT replaces the 3.6, but it should be a comparable to a Legacy GT even if they name it something different. Even if it's mildly tuned, aftermarket parts can spice things up.

I mean, one could hope that there is a 2.4L R model and 2.0L GT....

I'd vote for:

2.5i or maybe 2.0i

2.0 DIT GT

2.4 DIT STI

It seems like there will be definitely be a 2.5L, given that the new Forester features a DI 2.5L. Dissapointing. And I'm certain the Ascent's in 2.4L will appear in the Legacy, Outback, and Forester, with the same specs, but given its ability to run on regular.

My guess is that we won't see the GT again. Which, consumers like me might look toward Audi for a fun, AWD sedan in the future....thus I hold out hope for the return of the GT.

And I'm certain the Ascent's in 2.4L will appear in the Legacy, Outback, and Forester, with the same specs, but given its ability to run on regular.

My guess is that we won't see the GT again. Which, consumers like me might look toward Audi for a fun, AWD sedan in the future....thus I hold out hope for the return of the GT.

The 4th and 5th Legacy GT were not much of GT though either. They really need suspension mods and tune to be a sports sedan. IMO the only GT Legacy was the spec.b

The 4th and 5th Legacy GT were not much of GT though either. They really need suspension mods and tune to be a sports sedan. IMO the only GT Legacy was the spec.b

I'll give you that. I replaced one broken transmission on my '05 with a used one, that ultimately stopped shifting into 1st gear from neutral.

It seems like there will be definitely be a 2.5L, given that the new Forester features a DI 2.5L. Dissapointing. And I'm certain the Ascent's in 2.4L will appear in the Legacy, Outback, and Forester, with the same specs, but given its ability to run on regular.

I have had an Audi, and fun wasn't what I would call their cars.

453747.png

Maybe they'll just call it Legacy 2.4R or 2.4RS.

I have had an Audi, and fun wasn't what I would call their cars.

Is that due to driving dynamics or maintenance problems?

Is that due to driving dynamics or maintenance problems?

Driving dynamics were more of a comfort traveling car style - way too front heavy for my taste.

And spare parts were quite expensive too.

453747.png