LegacyGT.com

Quad tip exhaust

The rear end of the Tommy Kaira Rowen kit paired with the Rowen quad exhaust looks pretty similar to that, especially if you paint the middle section black, but prepare yourself for several thousands $$$$ investment to get that look.

http://kimuracars.com/ifiles/tuning/subaru-legacy-b4-rowen-bm9-2.jpg

@Humble Rumble that almost exactly what I am looking for but with less going on with that gray area. I could even cut it out completely and make a faux diffuser.

@GTEASER This is one I found that I liked. I figured the indented section would make a great blacked out section that I could cut and mod as needed.

https://www.japanparts.com/parts/detail/41121

the Corazon is only for "dual" exhaust meaning one tip per side...you would have to find the legacy ts mufflers with the very small quad tips to fit the holes or have to widen the holes on the Corazon bumper. tommykaira/rowen make a much less aggressive rear lip but pretty sure that wont fit quad tips. just get quad tipped sti mufflers and widen the holes in the oem bumper

the Corazon is only for "dual" exhaust meaning one tip per side...you would have to find the legacy ts mufflers with the very small quad tips to fit the holes or have to widen the holes on the Corazon bumper. tommykaira/rowen make a much less aggressive rear lip but pretty sure that wont fit quad tips. just get quad tipped sti mufflers and widen the holes in the oem bumper

I would like to see that on our cars, before I decide if I want to go that route...

The Corazon bumper is a little bland but there is a rectangular area with round corners that is set apart from the rest. I was thinking about cutting that out or modifying it to accommodate the quad tips and a diffuser to give it a better look.

Also the STI quad tips are a little short and I don't think they look good on the legacy bumper. There was one posted on the GT finds page. You could see it wasn't the best and it caused a lot of exhaust soot build up on the bumper

I agree with you there. The JDM STI tips look really weird and squished, and the surface between them is flat and looks dumb imo.

AduWzwA.png.18006ab7eed1a2397bd6acdb7460522f.png

wyo0W5w.png.ff2791c7b10f0f1441ddbd172f81b7e8.png

6R7NbXu.png.bbac6874057b3436a606ce83689fccbd.png

I currently am looking to do the same with mine I ready have the catback from a 15 wrx haven't been able to find anything that could fit thinking about going custom but the post from rumble with the black subie is amazing looking I'm trying not to mod the current number cover I currently have but if I have I wil. I found a site I sent them a email asking about pricing http://www.revspeed.ee/en/products/subaru/legacy/aerodynamics-72/slrrtk1-detail

I currently am looking to do the same with mine I ready have the catback from a 15 wrx haven't been able to find anything that could fit thinking about going custom but the post from rumble with the black subie is amazing looking I'm trying not to mod the current number cover I currently have but if I have I wil. I found a site I sent them a email asking about pricing http://www.revspeed.ee/en/products/subaru/legacy/aerodynamics-72/slrrtk1-detail

I've toyed with the idea of quad tips as well. I was throwing around the idea of cutting out the stock muffler slots on the OEM bumper and then putting on muffler guards to clean up the cut outs.

Something like this:c4b4efd1dad6f234ea460094578e7874.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Let me know what you end up doing and how your exhaust fits. I'd love to see what you're going for. I'm torn with my exterior mods because I always tell myself I should spend the money on performance parts first. I think in a couple years if I decide to keep the Legacy forever I'll probably get it show ready with a full kit.

FYI guys, there is a metal part of the bumper (behind the cover) that MAY need to be modified (see attached pics).

I did not pursue further and went back to stock.

This is how my car looked with the quad tips, if you had not seen the post already.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4798560&postcount=111

I used that black Tommy Kaira Liberty photo as inspiration as well, but it did not work out like I wanted.

IMG_1458.JPG.24c9b9a04da6879ebf48209ef4e13f60.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG.3207e437b2e65f11cb829fb60ce1e328.JPG

FYI guys, there is a metal part of the bumper (behind the cover) that MAY need to be modified (see attached pics).

I did not pursue further and went back to stock.

This is how my car looked with the quad tips, if you had not seen the post already.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4798560&postcount=111

I used that black Tommy Kaira Liberty photo as inspiration as well, but it did not work out like I wanted.

how annoying was it to fit with the metal part behind the bumper ? im putting on 2015 wrx mufflers and wonder if this is going to be a issue with mine. i was hoping to cut from the top of the arch towards the fender now knowing about that metal part

how annoying was it to fit with the metal part behind the bumper ? im putting on 2015 wrx mufflers and wonder if this is going to be a issue with mine. i was hoping to cut from the top of the arch towards the fender now knowing about that metal part

I had a shop install the mufflers since they were doing the cutting, so not sure. Taking them off was not a problem so going to assume installation was not a problem either.

The inboard tip was basically super close (mm's) to that metal piece that curves down. The shop did not want to compromise any area around the bumper beam.

FWIW, the mufflers were the Perrin quad tips for the wrx.

I think it may still look odd, but that is just my opinion.

Archived