LegacyGT.com

2.5i na gas mileage

So when I first got my car and drove it home and filled it up my estimated range was 400 miles on a full tank. I've had my timing belt and all pulleys and belts replaced, spark plugs, wires, and air filter changed since then. When I filled up my car yesterday, my range was only 290! Wtf happened!? This is a stock 2.5i na, auto, legacy and wanted to see what everyone else's range was for their 2.5i's

But what does your range say after you fill up?

Don't pay too much attention to the fuel range display. This is just meant to prevent people from driving past a gas station when they have less than 1 gallon of fuel in the tank. It is just a computer estimate that is generally based on your average gas mileage. In some cases it calculates the average gas mileage based on your trip odo, so the range will change depending on whether you have been doing highway miles or in town since your last trip reset.

Not sure how it is on the 2.5i, but this is my experience with previous vehicles. Plus, if you got more power out of the engine after the tune up, then chances are you have been using that horsepower, and therefore dropping your mileage, and the range.

I laugh when the To Empty says I have >200mi. I know for a fact I can barely squeeze 200 out of a tank. Anything more than that, means I was cruising on the highway for more than 50 miles.

You only get 200 miles total out of a full tank? WOW. I get 350 on a regular basis and that's driving my car for work everyday!

03 WRB WRX (RIP)

04 JBP STI (sold)

07 DGM Legacy GT (RIP)

12 OBP STI (DD)

Not sure how many miles I get per tank but On my 05 2.5i auto I get 22.5. I used to get 25.8. Not sure what the cause is. I changed my spark plugs, cleaned my k&n air filter, and cleaned my maf sensor. However I do have UEL headers and resonator delete with magnaflow mufflers. Any ideas?

Not sure how many miles I get per tank but On my 05 2.5i auto I get 22.5. I used to get 25.8. Not sure what the cause is. I changed my spark plugs, cleaned my k&n air filter, and cleaned my maf sensor. However I do have UEL headers and resonator delete with magnaflow mufflers. Any ideas?

Maybe your right foot is a little too heavy?

Was this change in fuel economy after your exhaust change? If so, there is possibly your answer.

Inefficient exhaust layout, more rumble noises from pedal stomping?

OP - the distance-to-empty calculator uses your last tank average to calculate. It's not very accurate at all and will change while driving on your new tank. Don't worry about it too much. The first half of the tank is always giving better mpg for some reason.

Archived