LegacyGT.com

COBB Tuning Releases Major Update to Subaru AccessTUNER Race

COBB Tuning

COBB Tuning is happy to announce a major update to AccessTUNER Race for all AccessPORT equipped turbocharged Subaru vehicles. In response to customer requests for additional ECU control and functionality enhancements, COBB Tuning has implemented a number of improvements to our end-user tuning software. This latest release features a vast number of added tables and data monitors, bug fixes, and significant improvements to monitor and table naming. Real-time writing updates have reduced write times to the ECU making changes to mapping faster than ever. The new auto-update and roll-back features keeps your AccessTUNER software up-to-date and eliminates the need to send in software request forms. The latest version of AccessTUNER Race for Subaru provides an efficient and powerful tuning software package that gives unprecedented access to the Subaru ECU and the fastest Subaru tuning workflow available anywhere!

Table and Monitor Enhancements

This latest release employs a new architecture that contains a much expanded list of monitors and tables and allows much more rapid deployment of new definitions. For a complete list of data monitors and tables available, view the new Subaru AccessTUNER Monitor Definitions and Subaru AccessTUNER Table Definitions documents.

Auto Update and Rollback

The “Auto Update” feature in this release allows AccessTUNER to automatically update itself to the latest version of the software from within the application, eliminating the need to fill out the AccessTUNER Race request form every time a software update is released. A roll-back feature lets users easily revert to a previous version of AccessTUNER if desired. This simplifies version management and saves valuable time for tuners

Improved Live Tuning Write Time

Live tuning write-times have been reduced for all models. This allows the tuner to make real-time changes faster than ever, reducing wait times between tuning changes and enabling additional tuning iterations in the same amount of time.

Updates and Fixes

AccessTUNER has been extensively reworked to address a large number of table updates, bug fixes and changes for all Subaru models. These changes make tuning easier and more intuitive. Please view the Subaru 2.0L ECU Software Change Guide and Subaru 2.5L ECU Software Change Guide for a complete list of updates applied to each ECU type.

Get the latest version!

Get the latest version of AccessTUNER Race by visiting the ATR Download Page one last time. Fill out the survey completely and submit and a new copy of AccessTUNER Race will be emailed directly to you. This new version has the new “Auto Update” feature mentioned above. Once installed, requesting new copies of ATR to get the latest updates will be a thing of the past!

Important Note

Maps created with this version of AccessTUNER software require the latest AccessPORT firmware (version 1.6.4.0-1189 or greater) be installed. All AccessPORTs must first be updated before using maps created with this latest AccessTUNER version. AccessPORT Manager will automatically update the AccessPORT to the latest firmware version and is available for download on the COBB Tuning Support web page.

Maps created with previous versions of AccessTUNER Race will need to be updated with the latest software to be compatible and take advantage of the latest features. To update maps simply open them in the newest version of AccessTUNER Race and then resave. This will automatically update the maps to be compatible with the latest release version.

In addition, AccessPORT dongles must also be updated to the latest dongle firmware. Within AccessPORT Manager, choose “Yes” for AP Driver installer and COBB Dongle installer in order to update the drivers properly. The dongle must be plugged into the AccessPORT during the installation of the COBB Dongle Installer to properly set the driver on the dongle.

For additional help and assistance, please see the updated Tuner Users Guide found under the “HELP” tab in AccessTUNER or you can download the complete document here.

AccessTUNER Race is our tuning program that we make available for free for all AccessPORT users! You just have to fill out the download request form and we send you a link. There are two versions of AccessTUNER: Pro and Race. AccessTUNER Pro is for professional tuning shops that tune multiple vehicles. Race is for the single user. The only difference between the two programs is that Pro can be used on multiple vehicles. Race will only work on one car.

The maps that are available for download on our page can be opened in AccessTUNER Race and modified and altered. So once you install your fuel pump and FMIC, you can alter your map with AccessTUNER Race to take advantage of your modifications.

Travis

COBB Tuning

AccessTUNER Race is our tuning program that we make available for free for all AccessPORT users! You just have to fill out the download request form and we send you a link. There are two versions of AccessTUNER: Pro and Race. AccessTUNER Pro is for professional tuning shops that tune multiple vehicles. Race is for the single user. The only difference between the two programs is that Pro can be used on multiple vehicles. Race will only work on one car.

The maps that are available for download on our page can be opened in AccessTUNER Race and modified and altered. So once you install your fuel pump and FMIC, you can alter your map with AccessTUNER Race to take advantage of your modifications.

Travis

COBB Tuning

You lost me. I filled out the form and it said you would send me a CD/DVD. I don't know enough about tuning to change my maps. I'm flashed with your stg 2 now. Will the maps on the CD/DVD I recieve be upgraded? Or will the disk just add more logging and mapping options?

Bottom line: are there new upgraded preloaded maps on the disk?

No, you don't get any new maps. You get the software (AccessTUNER Race) to change the COBB maps that come with your AccessPORT (or can be downloaded from their website).

If you don't know how to adjust the maps don't bother with AccessTUNER and call a professional to tune for your additional modifications. It's a really bad idea to try and tune unless you know what you're doing as you could seriously damage your engine.

Cheers!

No, you don't get any new maps. You get the software (AccessTUNER Race) to change the COBB maps that come with your AccessPORT (or can be downloaded from their website).

If you don't know how to adjust the maps don't bother with AccessTUNER and call a professional to tune for your additional modifications. It's a really bad idea to try and tune unless you know what you're doing as you could seriously damage your engine.

Cheers!

Ah. Okay. Makes a bit more sense now. I would never try to tune myself (isn't that what infamous is for?) above whatever came with the AP. Good to know when I send logs to inf-1 they'll allow more detailed tuning; after my mods. Maybe even the base map :rolleyes:

You lost me. I filled out the form and it said you would send me a CD/DVD. I don't know enough about tuning to change my maps. I'm flashed with your stg 2 now. Will the maps on the CD/DVD I recieve be upgraded? Or will the disk just add more logging and mapping options?

Bottom line: are there new upgraded preloaded maps on the disk?

I apologize for the confusion. We don't send you a CD/DVD with maps or software. AccessTUNER Race is the tuning software that you can use to tune your own car. We send you an email with a link to download that software.

There are additional off the shelf maps for download, for free, on our website. You can find all of our free maps here: http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=3061.

If you are looking for additional power, an infamous tune or other protune is a great option!

Travis

COBB Tuning

• 2 weeks later...

Im getting an error trying to start AccessTUNER. I have ran it before with no problems. The error is "Failed to create main window!"

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and still get the error.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I was using Home Premium with no problem w/ AccessTuner.

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

Im getting an error trying to start AccessTUNER. I have ran it before with no problems. The error is "Failed to create main window!"

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and still get the error.

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate. I was using Home Premium with no problem w/ AccessTuner.

We have seen this problem on Windows 7 and Windows server 2008. It is commonly caused by DEP (Data Execution Prevention) on your system. Try the following steps to add ATR to your exception list for DEP and see if this resolves your issue:

1) Right click on the Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties

2) The System window opens now. Here click the Advanced system settings link in the left pane

3) The System Properties window opens now. Here click the Settings… button under Performance section under Advanced tab

4) The Performance Options dialog box opens now. Here select Data Execution Prevention tab and then click on the dot Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select option and click Add button

5) Now select the Executable file that you want to add and click Open button

*Note: If you try to add an executable file that for which DEP cannot be turned off then you will receive a warning

6) Similarly to remove an executable file from the list select that file and click Remove button.

7) Click Apply and then OK button in the Performance options window

8) Click OK button in System Properties window

9) Close System window

Thanks,

Linc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
I was kinda hoping it would be available for my 2010 LGT before the downpipe arrived, (there seems not to be an uppipe on this GT) ...anyway I'm guessing I'll have the pipe installed before Christmas if I can get a little space in our shop for a couple hours. We have six motorcycle builds going on right now but two will be gonne tomorrow! We finished them this afternoon! I'll try the standard stage 2 map I guess.

ATR is available for the 2012 Legact GT MT! Just fill out the application http://accessecu.com/register/cobb.php and you'll get an email link within the hour.

Ian

THANK YOU!! I did that once before but it never showed up so I thought perhaps it wasn't finished yet for my car. It worked perfectly and FAST this time!

Archived