LegacyGT.com

Koni Yellow Sport Shocks - 2010+ Legacy Fitment

Just ordered H&R 3.6r springs and front and rear koni's. Now just top hats, cover, spring seat and donors (courtesy of Dgoodhue maybe) or KYB's. I may sit a half inch higher but shit, the ride I'm sure will be night and day compared to coils.

My bad. Bottom ones in the pic are the rears. Derp :spin::confused:

Yeah, add to the fact that a lot of the sites that sell them show full assembly stock photos like this. I was surprised with how the rears looked until I found the spring perch in the box haha.

group-7d5fb7ae-d89f-4d66-a0a4-142c6f491061-800.jpg

Just ordered H&R 3.6r springs and front and rear koni's. Now just top hats, cover, spring seat and donors (courtesy of Dgoodhue maybe) or KYB's. I may sit a half inch higher but shit, the ride I'm sure will be night and day compared to coils.

Where did you get the Koni fronts from? asking for a friend :hide:

I guess its just a lil sticker shock. IIRC i got all 4 struts for under 600 shipped at the time

Yes, and that was during their annual sale which is about 25-30 bucks cheaper per shock. But for $700 or a little more now that teh fronts are getting rare and not on sale, you can still get the setup with springs and new donors for right around $1000 to $1100 at most. Still cheaper than cheap coilovers and will last well over 100k miles, maybe as much as 150k or more.

We can see from whit's experience up there in the shitty salt of the NE, that BC's would cost you over $4500 if you had to buy a new set every 25k miles.

Edited by GTEASER

Oh it's freakin horrible up here!! I'll take a pic of the BC's when they come out. I'm actually researching strut and spring protectors or some sort of cover to hide them from the horrible weather and chemicals from the street.

Oh it's freakin horrible up here!! I'll take a pic of the BC's when they come out. I'm actually researching strut and spring protectors or some sort of cover to hide them from the horrible weather and chemicals from the street.

Post what you find for this, would definitely be interested in a cover of some sort. Chicago loooooves salt.

Curious, i was thinking of raising the rear and lowering the front? Possible? Using Konis all around, king springs in the rear with 1 inch top hats?

How much rake are you trying to get? Just flipping the rear spring perch on the Koni's should raise the rear about an 1".

Just ordered 4 KYB mounts, 4 dust boots, and 2 front KYB struts to hack apart.

UPDATE: Autoanything does not have front inserts available even though they list them on eBay and on there website!! Poor management I would say. Orders off eBay from another seller, hopefully all is good...

I think you're going to find that most places don't actually have them in stock. When you order, they have them drop shipped from a distributors warehouse or directly from Koni. Most places that are still advertising them, can't actually get them. You may find a supplier, like Emnotek (confirmed they are out), that actually stocks them and has them sitting on a shelf, but it may take a while. Your only recourse may be to order directly from Koni.