LegacyGT.com

Guess Legacys Aren’t Dead Yet

I only care about the Infotainment update on my 2022 so I can get wireless Apple CarPlay and heat/vent button on the screen.

What are the chances they update the software to support wireless CarPlay?

I’m pretty bummed because I just got a 22 legacy and the non-wireless CarPlay made me scratch my head

I’m pretty bummed because I just got a 22 legacy and the non-wireless CarPlay made me scratch my head

I commented on their IG post and they told me to contact Subaru Advocacy Department, I did and they said:

"We do not yet have information on the next software update for the radio unit in Outback and Legacy models or what will be included in said update, but we are anticipating the update to become available soon as our engineers finish putting together the various troubleshooting updates that will be included."

Wireless CarPlay uses an ad-hoc WiFi connection and almost never works properly from my experience with GM cars (I work for a Chevy dealer). I seldom got my iPhone XS to repeatedly connect to a single car that had no other bluetooth entries apart from my phone. You also need to subscribe to a service provided by the car manufacturer to connect the phone for WiFi as wireless CarPlay requires more than just Bluetooth for enough throughput. Wired always works!