LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Very nice. Sprint car racing is top notch! Outlaws or local track?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Headed to Bakersfield Ca tomorrow going to watch some Modifieds and Stock Cars.. Then off to Fresno for a Car Show Sunday.. But World of Outlaw Sprints are my Favorite..[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Spring maintenance:

- spark plugs replaced

- clean air filter

- PCV valve and hose replaced

- oil change

- replaced the spring kit to fix front rattle

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

What spring kit is it?is it for steering rack rattle?

My old spring was so compressed that there was nothing "springy" left out of it (basically the spring became a small metal tube) and I could not compare it to the new one.

I assume the new spring is stronger given the service bulletin issued

3d843d7743fa19cfd872cfb1239c31cc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...
No personal experience, but be aware that even if it "fits," a 25 mm offset will drastically increase wheel bearing loads vs. the stock 55 mm offset. I would not do it.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

anybody have any (bad or good) experience with running 19x10 +25 up front before i buy these wheels lol https://www.croooober.com/en/item/cparts/00000179/Rim-%26-Tire-Sets/14926041/Yokohama-ADVAN-Racing-RS-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U better have 19x10 in the Rear too.. Gotta have evenly matched Rims

• 4 weeks later...
U better have 19x10 in the Rear too.. Gotta have evenly matched Rims

yolo 19x9.5

is close enough lol besides im running same size tire so im sure it will be fine5a2a80eba6431c828e23b3ec96a181f7.jpg

yolo 19x9.5

is close enough lol besides im running same size tire so im sure it will be fine5a2a80eba6431c828e23b3ec96a181f7.jpg

That’s just about the most ghetto thing I’ve seen in this thread so far. Awful!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Dangerous, as well. Poor car! Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

So today I picked up my 3.6R from getting the CVT cooler in and flush done. It was 48K on it and see's track and harsh street driving so I wanted to keep things cool. Track temps were pushing 250F so I'm hoping this will keep them around 200 or less. I have my next track day on July 8th so I'll update my post then.

For those curious, they do use a flush kit and it's not cheap. Granted I'll have an extra qt or so with the lines and cooler, but it took 10 qts of fluid at 24 bucks each, as well as some 68 dollar parts charge for the "kit." I'm not sure if that's just them amortizing the cost of whatever apparatus is used to actually flush across their very few customers who get this done or what...

Then the labor was almost 150 for a grand total of 449.99 for the flush service. I obviously paid more for all the labor to install the cooler and lines which involved removing the bumper, battery, and headlight, so for anyone else looking to get this done budget 1500 all in. Kinda feels like a lot, but with a new CVT being 5k I consider it an investment to treat the existing one the best I can. Very few legacy's see track duty or tow, but if you do it's something to consider.

Right away the ratio transitions (read: fake shifts) felt smoother from the fresh fluid. Given the battery was out though it's still relearning throttle, tune and knock limits so I'll know more in a few days as well as street driving temps which would push 180 after an hour driving around in 80 degree weather before.

For those curious, they do use a flush kit and it's not cheap. Granted I'll have an extra qt or so with the lines and cooler, but it took 10 qts of fluid at 24 bucks each, as well as some 68 dollar parts charge for the "kit." I'm not sure if that's just them amortizing the cost of whatever apparatus is used to actually flush across their very few customers who get this done or what....

Thanks, I appreciate the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Submitted a request to sell our trusty Subie via Carvana. :-(

At nearly 5 years old, 94,705 trouble-free miles, it is starting to show signs of age/wear and tear--glitchy touchscreen navigation (rendering it nearly useless), slight oil consumption, and seating surface damage.

This has been a great forum to learn about the car--thanks and take care all!