LegacyGT.com

Looking but cannot find a LGT

Hey all, I'm new here so go easy

I've been searching for a Gen 4 Legacy GT as a first car for about 4 hours and I've gotten no where

I was wondering if any of you kind gentlemen know of any listings for LGT's in the NY tri state area

looking for one with under 100k miles and No accidents

doesn't have to be in perfect condition as it will be a first car

both the wagon and sedan would work.

Thanks all!

https://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/cars-sale-29.html

I gather you checked there.

How much extra money will you have left over after you buy the car. These cars can eat up $5-6000 rather quickly unless you get a car from one of us that has taken great care of it.

under 100,000 and no accidents is a big ask.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Under 100k will be tough. I looked on Craigslist almost every single day for 8 months looking for a LGT 5MT. I’m also in the tri state area. Good luck!

Stay away from 2005-2006 LGT... Upipe catalytic converter problems... go with 7, 8 or 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

under 100,000 and no accidents is a big ask.

And not on its last leg or beaten to death or a "mechanic special".

I spent 6 months searching for my OBXT and I still had to drive 600 miles to buy it and it's not even a great example. The previous mechanic hid poor repairs that ultimately required me to replace the engine. These cars are becoming more rare by the day and clean, low milage, and properly maintained examples are even more difficult to find.

Add to that you want to buy one as your first vehicle, and I think you might be in for a rough ride. If you're wanting it to be reliable, then you're going to either spend $$$ up front for a good example, or you're going to spend $$$$$$$ down the road when shiat hits the (turbo) fan. Unless you're super handy with a wrench and have a good work area and can be without a car at times, I'd say you probably need to look at a more reliable vehicle.

The 07-09's are moderately more reliable, but you're getting back into the money vs reliablity again. If you can afford it, these cars are tons of fun though.

Stay away from 2005-2006 LGT... Upipe catalytic converter problems... go with 7, 8 or 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you’re saying if you can find a clean 05’ or 06’ example you should stay away from it because you may want to preemptively replace the uppipe? I think with the rarity of these vehicles in decent shape a 400$ fix is not something to stay away from imo

I’m in south Jersey by Philly. How much you have to spend? Will come with a catless uppipe and some other goodies I’ve been stashing waiting to have time to work on the car. New timing belt, water pump, rollers, VC gaskets about 25k ago.

Tan leather interior. Digital HVAC. Sunroof. PW, PL, power seats, 6-cd changer, heater seats. Not trying to sell but will consider if the price is rite.

So you’re saying if you can find a clean 05’ or 06’ example you should stay away from it because you may want to preemptively replace the uppipe? I think with the rarity of these vehicles in decent shape a 400$ fix is not something to stay away from imo

Agreed. Just don't go for one that reads, "brand new engine / turbo"

Changing the uppipe on an 05-06 can be as cheap as 50-100 bucks if you go to a junkyard and have some tools and a jack, I think ones from the sti/wrx fit as well.

Did you look in classifieds, there are a bunch for sale there, as well as craigslist. I see lgt's all over the place for sale!?!?

I bought mine in Texas, and I live in NY! I got it from a subaru dealership in Houston and had it shipped for another 700 bucks on uship.

Whats the situation here? New driver, probably senior in highschool, parents gave you a 10k limit, you wanted a wrx, they said hell no, so you found a loop hole with the legacy gt? [emoji38]:)
Very welcoming.

OP, just make sure you understand what you're getting into. These cars are not Hondas. They are a ton of fun to drive and work on, and when maintained carefully, they are usually quite reliable, but a lot of people have gotten burned very badly due to buying the wrong car, modding incorrectly, oiling poorly, or simply bad luck.

Do not buy if you're on a tight budget and don't have a well-equipped garage.

A pre-purchase compression test may save your a$$, and NEVER buy a car that has a new turbo.

Whats the situation here? New driver, probably senior in highschool, parents gave you a 10k limit, you wanted a wrx, they said hell no, so you found a loop hole with the legacy gt? :lol::)

Weird... that's how I got mine! HAHA

What I say? That's how I basically got my lgt, I was in college though! LOL:lol:

I second the compression test, thats a big must do! I would also get turbo inspected for shaft play if you can. 100k miles is also around the point you should have your timing belt/water pump changed, so you should confirm if this was done or not!

Man you kids must be rich, LGT was/is my midlife crises car. It was an upgrade to my Sentra and Infiniti G20.

In some ways I'm glad I couldn't afford a stock turbo car at 18, forced me to learn how to turbo and tune a car myself...

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Nah, It was a present for college graduation, I put up 3k out of the 7k. My first car, I bought with my own money for 3500 bucks, a 1988 toyota supra turbo 5spd, I learned how to drive a stickshift on the day of purchase....needless to say learning stick shift by yourself in nyc rush hour and traffic was an experience! Then a 2000 maxima gle..... I had been around the block before getting in an lgt, this is like my 7th car.

Man you kids must be rich, LGT was/is my midlife crises car. It was an upgrade to my Sentra and Infiniti G20.

nah, they've just depreciated to the point that anyone can afford one now.

I could suck start a snow blower.

Hey all, I'm new here so go easy

I've been searching for a Gen 4 Legacy GT as a first car for about 4 hours and I've gotten no where

I was wondering if any of you kind gentlemen know of any listings for LGT's in the NY tri state area

looking for one with under 100k miles and No accidents

doesn't have to be in perfect condition as it will be a first car

both the wagon and sedan would work.

Thanks all!

I have an 07 LGT, STG 2, 5EAT, under 100k miles. I'm in California though. :) The only "accident" it's had is a tree branch hitting the hood/bumper.

The lgt imo is a horrible first car..... Compared to other cars. I duno, parts seem more expensive could be my imagination. The complicated design makes working on the motor a pita, I miss being able to just remove some stuff and viola you can work on the heads, the block whatever, all without moving the engine or doing some crazy gymnastics. Then you have all these landmines you gotta avoid with the turbo and oil. It's like a damn puppy that shits all over the place, sigh, but you still the damn thing.....

I want to sell mine but I love it so much, and also have really no idea what other car I would want... I just love Subaru so much, I want a WRX but at the same time I don't.

I've been tempted as well, and not with an STI. I wouldn't mind the good old regular WRX on E85. Then again I absolutely love my Spec B.

Archived