LegacyGT.com

CEL + Flashing Cruise and Si Drive (S)

lright I searched and got too many results with too many different ideas but Still not enough to convince me that it is the problem.

Ok a month ago I had an Inlet tube replace by the dealer because of the Oil Leak. After the repair, The car Stalled at me twice in the highway and always have a lot of Hesitation everytime i accelerate. I figure I probably just need the Infamous map since they probably put the Piece of Sh!T stock map.

now I drove it hard for a 1 min since I never do and when I reached the traffice light i felt the car vibrate/shakes real bad. The CEL went on and the cruise is blinking, even the Si Drive (S) is blinking. The car feels like its choking and sounds like a BAD ASTHMA lol...It idle pretty rough when the car is not moving but when I accelerate, everything is smooth like there is no problem with it...I cant read no code since I dont have any scanner, i dont feel like driving my car anywhere and might worsen the problem.

I thought since they replace the inlet tube, they probably didnt connect everything right, thats why I got a lot of hesitation when I accelerate.

Now i looked around and all the hoses are tight or maybe my ignorant head just couldnt find it...

Does this pic look right to you!?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/DSC_1085-2.jpg

Looks like a missing hose? I ran my car for a month after the repair and I did feel a lot of hesitation when I accelerate until this happen today.

Guess Im going back to the dealer and i just passed my 36k miles too...arrgghhh!

Thanks

-darwin

Thanks Subiedad, the link you provide gave me an idea so I took my intercooler off and Found that the BPV hose popped out....but i noticed that there is a couple of hoses that it looks like its missing something?

does this look right to you?

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/IMG_20100711_085125.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/macdarwin/IMG_20100711_085220.jpg

The BOV hose would definitely cause the problems you described.

You should considering zip-tying the hoses on the T-fitting under the intercooler. Common for the hoses to pop off and be a major PITA.

If the gearbox behaves as it should those hoses are likely to be ventilation.

I think it's a good idea to connect them to the air box so that the air vented to the gearbox is filtered. Or connect a small filter to them just to avoid dust coming into the gearbox. No big deal though.

On older cars the gearbox did have vacuum control (think 3AT) but on modern it's electronically controlled so no need for vacuum control of the gearbox.

Do a search for the "vacation pix" that can probably give you more information about what may be wrong.

One thing that can contribute is if there is something wrong with a sensor - like the MAF. Or that a electrical connector was forgotten. Incorrectly connected hoses (two hoses swapped) can also be a cause or that there is a leak in the intake before the turbo but after the MAF which causes the MAF to read wrong (and also cause dirty air to be sucked into the engine).

453747.png

Sounds like you are getting a low rpm misfire.

As for those 2 hoses, they are trans breather lines and no do not run them to the intake. They relieve pressure that builds up in the diff and trans and if over-filled fluid will come out of them.

• 4 weeks later...

I just changed my plugs on my '07 mt and had the same blinking lights. (check engine, cruise, and si drive blue light also had the traction control light on)

After looking around I realized I forgot to plug in the MAF. Pluged it in and disconected the battery for a minute, all lights off and back to normal.

But.... Now I have a nasty hesitation upon pressing the throttle down.

Do I just need to give the ECU some time to figure things out? I haven't taken the car for a drive yet, just some idle time in the driveway.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same type of problem. Idles like guano and seems to be fine while driving.

I took off the intercooler and inspected the hoses and fittings but didn't notice anything out-of-the-ordinary. I performed the self-diaglosnic by plugging the two wires located in the fuse box. The odometer space read codes P012, P0011, P0301, P0303.

What do I do?

My first thought here is to check the camshaft timing. If it's wrong then it's definitely a good idea to replace the belt.

It may be that some foreign object has made the belt jump. Or that it's going bad. No figures on how old the car is and how far it has been driven so it's hard to tell.

If it isn't the timing then it's a bit harder to determine what the problem is.

453747.png

• 2 years later...

Same problem happened to me today. Any pics you have available? Its cold here in Chicago.. Was at the light, rev the engine a couple of time and CEL, Flashing S Drive, cruise control all came on. Check the t-fitting and it seems fine. Any other ideas?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I changed my filter and the map got disconnected a few weeks ago. I turned the key and the cel and flashing cruise happened. I secured the map and after a few drives, it turned off by itself. Then a few days ago it came back on and stayed on. I reset the battery and it turned off but now it hesitates at the light and when I'm slowing reversing, it drops to like 200 rpm and almost turns off.... Do I just need to wait for the map to reset again? It's been very cold around here lately. Does that have to do with anything? When I disconnected the battery, and plugged it back it, the car wouldn't turn over the first time, it turned on fine and normal the second time I turned the key though...

When you reset the ECU it's normal to crank over a few times before the engine starts. About 10 seconds.

Have you cleaned the MAP sensor, the auto parts stores have a can of MAP sensor cleaner.

Leave it plunged in, just remove it from the tube, spray it good, let it dry for about 15 minutes and put it back in.

Don't overtighten the two screws.

Oh yea, make sure you put the air filter box in correctly, odds are you didn't.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived