LegacyGT.com

Parking Brake Squeak

Before I start tearing into it, has this happened to anyone else? When the parking brake button is pushed, right at the end of the cycle, there is a squeak.

My first thought was the eventual recall of the parking brake and my is finally starting to act up, but then I started wondering if something at the rear wheels needs lubed. Any ideas?

Before I start tearing into it, has this happened to anyone else? When the parking brake button is pushed, right at the end of the cycle, there is a squeak.

My first thought was the eventual recall of the parking brake and my is finally starting to act up, but then I started wondering if something at the rear wheels needs lubed. Any ideas?

I found this forum and I think it might help... : https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2011-rear-pads-rotor-change-226465.html

hopefully it's just something that needs lubricated (I haven't done drum brakes in quite some time, but the contact points where the shoes touch the backing plate are a good place to check/lubricate)

For the recall, I think that's en electrical issue, so shouldn't make noise, I don't think - sort of disheartening that the recall has been open for so long, but there is still no remedy available!