LegacyGT.com

My car might be tuned??

My shoulder has been in a sling for the last week following surgery. I haven’t been able to drive but I’ve let a few trusted friends drive my LGT. Before my surgery I drove a friends 18’ STI. It felt better in every way except for acceleration which I thought was strange. Fast forward a week and he drove my LGT. He thought it was at least as fast. Once my arm is free we will have to do a roll race. My question is how (with only a stage 2 clutch, LWFW, uppipe, and catback) is my car that quick. Could a previous owner have tuned this car (previous owner died suddenly and his dad sold it to the guy I bought it from so I don’t have a way of finding out by asking) without leaving an obvious trace that a tune has been done? How would I go about finding out if it was tuned or not. I’m holding off on an access port because of this.

pretty sure power wise a 2018 sti will be similar to a near maxed out stock turbo on the LGT's. Mine has the stock injectors maxed out and Boost has to be tapered off ALOT to redline, putting 265 and 305 to the ground with FMIC/Catted DP/Catless UP/Intake/Pro tune. Stock 18 STIs were dyno'd at like 275 275.

If the PO gutted the DP and tuned it, you might get 250/270 ish which is pretty close

I think I am going to go with the Tactrix cable and rom raider. My curiosity alone is enough to offset the purchase price. Plus I have a feeling tuning with ecuflash and learning along the way will be much more enjoyable than off the shelf Cobb tunes.

Archived