LegacyGT.com

Cadillac ATS Brembo Caliper Upgrade for your Subaru

LatentWagen

Wilwood conversion from brakeswap.com - look for SUB1000WL. Around $250 for the kit, ~$400 for calipers.. Uses OEM rotors. Clears OEM wheels (barely - I'm using a 3mm spacer). Fronts only, of course.. Rear 2-pot conversion is ANOTHER $800-1k.

I'm currently running the front setup as you stated with 3mm spacers in the front. I did run them without spacers for a while but the clearance between the caliper and wheel was extremely tight.

Wilwood calipers don't have the protective seals that our OEM, Brembo and StopTech calipers do, and require more frequent rebuilding IIRC.
I wasn't even aware of this :eek: In any case I've been running them now for almost two years (November) with no issues. Edited by Gabo

I'm currently running the front setup as you stated with 3mm spacers in the front. I did run them without spacers for a while but the clearance between the caliper and wheel was extremely tight.

I wasn't even aware of this :eek: In any case I've been running them now for almost two years (November) with no issues.

You're in Sandy Eggo...so there's that to factor into your reliability. :)

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

At some point I plan to do the full StopTech F/R BBK upgrade.

I like everything about them. They check the box in stopping power, heat cooling/cycling, rigidity against caliper flex, have great pad selections, nice 2-piece 332x32 front and 328x28 rear rotors (blank, drilled or slotted), reduce unsprung weight significantly, and have a "red" that looks great with the SWP.

In the meantime, I may pickup a set of these ATS brakes and see how I like their performance.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

At some point I plan to do the full StopTech F/R BBK upgrade.

I like everything about them. They check the box in stopping power, heat cooling/cycling, rigidity against caliper flex, have great pad selections, nice 2-piece 332x32 front and 328x28 rear rotors (blank, drilled or slotted), reduce unsprung weight significantly, and have a "red" that looks great with the SWP.

In the meantime, I may pickup a set of these ATS brakes and see how I like their performance.

I'd love to upgrade to the same Stoptech kit you are mentioning. I've seen it in person :wub: I got a ways to go befor I drop any eal money on this car again though.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Finished the swap last week, install went well; in the end cost remained < $700 for all parts/tools/paint/etc. Quite the upgrade for my obxt

Do the caliper position make use of the whole brake disk, or is part of the brake pad not making contact?

Do the caliper position make use of the whole brake disk, or is part of the brake pad not making contact?
an early post shows that the caliper/pad and rotor are not aligned and so the pad does overlap a little. mostly due to the offset mount to use the stock knuckle and one stock mount point.
* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

i know the car is brand new, but does anyone make dual drilled (5x100/5x114.3) replacement rotors for the 2018 sti? since these brackets adapt 12.6" ats calipers to 326mm 2004-2017 sti rotors, perhaps 13.6" 2014+ cts/2016+ camaro calipers can be used with 340mm 2018 sti rotors? while you won't get the benefit of six piston calipers, you should enjoy greater braking capacity with the bigger 'heatsinks' of the 2018 sti discs without spending ~$4k for the full sti setup. Edited by smoop1

• 3 weeks later...
I see the part number but can someone give me the year/model/spec of ATS. I’m not a fan of autozone and prefer oreilly

Google is your friend man [emoji12].

http://www.ctsvbrakeswap.com/subaru-kits/frs-brz-gt-86-4-piston-ats-caliper-bracket-kit

b9feaad2ff6692f9af17ac832e5ccbf5.jpg

Also you can find used calipers off carpart.com for under like $50 per calipers with really low miles.

I got my set for $90 shipped and I leave in Alaska [emoji23][emoji1619].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I'm selling my own adapter kits for this setup if interested, running a special for free shipping until the end of the month!

Brembo BBK Adapter Brackets - LGT Group Buy

dCrrv0T.jpg?1

I got my kit from Sal, great guy!!

Kit worked flawless on my car, mucho gracias mucho!

Alex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are there any wheels that are proven to fit without those shims?

Or are the shims needed to move the brake disc outward?

shims are for between rotor and hub to center it in the caliper.

as for wheels that fit, you'll have to trudge through the multiple threads on the subject (one here, one on Nasioc, etc.). All i know is they don't work with 04 STI BBS wheels, mostly cause the caliper is too "tall" and contacts the barrel. some have shaved the caliper down to make things fit with their wheels too, but with such an important system, i'd rather not go to those lengths.

I think you generally have to go to 18's for an "almost sure" fit, and if you have 17's the odds are against you. fitment issues are both barrel and spoke related, where at least with spoke clearance issues you can add spacers if you are comfortable with that and potentially investing in longer lugs.

Edited by Flinkly

I'm running 18s now, so clearance for 17s is no big deal.

It's just that I've always thought that the front wheels stick out a little too much to begin with, so the shims, even as thin as they are, kinda bug me. But maybe I'll be less averse to that after I camber the wheels in a couple degrees. :)

Could we get rid of the shims with a small change to the bracket? I mean, what prevents the caliper from being centered on the disc without them?
one caliper mount point is on the knuckle, the other is on the bracket., and the bracket attaches to the two knuckle mount locations too. which if you can imagine all that in your minds eye, is why the caliper isn't concentric and the pad overhangs a little.

to your actual question, you'd have to remove material from a knuckle mount or from a caliper mount. and to me, modifying like that for such an important system is too much.

Edited by Flinkly