LegacyGT.com

What Did You Do To Your 6th Gen Today Thread - Vol 3

Installed 245 45R18 Firestone Firehawk Indy 500's this morning. Zero impact on ride quality, they're quieter than the stock Eagle LS2's and steering response is greatly improved. I look forward to punishing them at their limits once "break in" is done.

Break-in is complete. Carry on and report!

'15 FB25

Magnatec 0W-20 + FU filter (70,517 miles)

RSB, Fr. Strut Bar, Tint, STI BBS, LED er'where

Break-in is complete. Carry on and report!

As expected overall grip is greatly improved. I've noticed some tramlining on our crappy roads here but nothing worrisome. It rained a fair bit here yesterday as well and the tires performed admirably on the wet roads and through puddles.

Definitely a great tire, especially at the price they can be purchased for!

As expected overall grip is greatly improved. I've noticed some tramlining on our crappy roads here but nothing worrisome. It rained a fair bit here yesterday as well and the tires performed admirably on the wet roads and through puddles.

Definitely a great tire, especially at the price they can be purchased for!

Nice! :dm:

We need a thumbs-up smiley on this site.

'15 FB25

Nothing...I pick it up Friday....

Oh wait...I ordered weather tech's for it.

One of my first purchases, too. WeatherTechs and a fitted windshield shade.

Tinted windows usually follows shortly thereafter.

'15 FB25

I went to leave after fireworks and my battery was dead. Jumped it and today no issues except when I went out this morning I noticed my windshield is cracked. Dealer wants nothing to do with it but does want 240.00 to re-cal eyesight. I have seen a bunch of related threads so I'll hunt them down. Not one issue in 16 months/12K and Bang! Oh well, have not called insurance yet. Not up to it.

I went to leave after fireworks and my battery was dead. Jumped it and today no issues except when I went out this morning I noticed my windshield is cracked. Dealer wants nothing to do with it but does want 240.00 to re-cal eyesight. I have seen a bunch of related threads so I'll hunt them down. Not one issue in 16 months/12K and Bang! Oh well, have not called insurance yet. Not up to it.
Make sure and fight with your insurance company to cover the recal of the eyesight.. I had explain to them Subaru wouldnt warranty the Eyesight without Factory OEM Glass..

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did you charge your battery?

'15 FB25

Where was the crack in your windshield? Near the deicer lines?

I know for my ‘15 model they replaced it free (no eyesight).

I bought a can of r134a today. Even though the gauge said my system was full, I have noticed weak cooling for three weeks now. I thought it was just because I was in NC for vacation and it was warmer. So I added some refrigerant and overcharged my system (obviously). So I remedied that real quick. Now my a/c is nice and cold again. Who knows. It was probably something else but the can only cost me $6.

Did you charge your battery?

No. Jumped it , let it run 5 and watched fireworks. Started fine and then drove home (15mi). Drove about 30mi yesterday. May stop at NAPA and have it tested. I'm sure I did not help it any. It looks like a cheap old tech water filled pos but it has been working fine. Dealer said he would replace it if any more issues. He said the OEM batteries he has have more juice/power. I chatted with him about the battery while he looked at the windshield. If I have issues I'll ask for replacement. Or I'll put a real battery in there.

Where was the crack in your windshield? Near the deicer lines?

I know for my ‘15 model they replaced it free (no eyesight).

I bought a can of r134a today. Even though the gauge said my system was full, I have noticed weak cooling for three weeks now. I thought it was just because I was in NC for vacation and it was warmer. So I added some refrigerant and overcharged my system (obviously). So I remedied that real quick. Now my a/c is nice and cold again. Who knows. It was probably something else but the can only cost me $6.

It was from the far passenger side and last look, about 18in across headed towards me. Dealer said he could replace it if it was an Outback. The Legacy for 2017 was not included. I'll call insurance today. Probably use Safelite. See how things work after replacement and/or if insurance pays for re-cal.

No. Jumped it , let it run 5 and watched fireworks. Started fine and then drove home (15mi). Drove about 30mi yesterday. May stop at NAPA and have it tested. I'm sure I did not help it any. It looks like a cheap old tech water filled pos but it has been working fine. Dealer said he would replace it if any more issues. He said the OEM batteries he has have more juice/power. I chatted with him about the battery while he looked at the windshield. If I have issues I'll ask for replacement. Or I'll put a real battery in there.

The new battery that you'll receive, is much better.

The new battery that you'll receive, is much better.

yeah- Maybe I'll have another "issue" lol. NAPA is right down the road if it tests 100% or very good I'll let it be.

The windshield seems pretty painless:

Thank you for contacting Safeco Insurance with services provided by Safelite Solutions. Your appointment has been scheduled and confirmed with Safelite AutoGlass to replace the windshield on your 2017 SUBARU LEGACY. Your technician will recalibrate your ADAS camera after installation.

Deductible $0.00

yeah- Maybe I'll have another "issue" lol. NAPA is right down the road if it tests 100% or very good I'll let it be.

The windshield seems pretty painless:

Thank you for contacting Safeco Insurance with services provided by Safelite Solutions. Your appointment has been scheduled and confirmed with Safelite AutoGlass to replace the windshield on your 2017 SUBARU LEGACY. Your technician will recalibrate your ADAS camera after installation.

Deductible $0.00

That's excellent!

I've always been told that SOA won't warranty anything if it's not done by a Certified Subaru Tech with a Subaru windshield. - Maybe things have changed?

I've always been told that SOA won't warranty anything if it's not done by a Certified Subaru Tech with a Subaru windshield.

Why would you expect Company A to warranty Company B's work? (... unless, of course, Company B is acting as an agent or subcontractor of Company A.)

Edited by ammcinnis

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

Why would you expect Company A to warranty Company B's work? (... unless, of course, Company B is working as an agent or subcontractor of Company A.)

I don't - I was simply making it clear that something as expensive as Eyesight is to replace (if SL screws it up and refuses to pay for it, etc) warranty won't cover it - I wouldn't risk it.

If the car is out of warranty, I'd understand saving a few bucks by having a 3rd party fix things.

SL does these everyday- 100's if not thousands have been completed. The techs are trained to recal and I'm sure do every bit as good a job as the kid at the dealership. The chance they will "screw it up and not pay for it" is pretty low I'm thinking.

Even the dealer remarked "don't get your windshield done here it will be a fortune, go through insurance or Safelite" (He also said he would be happy to recal it for 240.00 and two hours of my time)

I think I'll be ok. Worst case if I get in an accident and want to blame it on Eyesight and sue SOA, I can't.

Edited by Ronin3.6R

I replaced my windshield a year ago (not through Subaru). No re calibration was done and the Eyesight works fine.

Thanks... Good to know. I was going to go the Safelite route and hold off on the 240.00 dealer recal unless I needed it. Now that my insurance company has referred me to a SL shop that will do the install and the recal, it's kinda a no brainer. I have to go to them vs them coming on site but worth it.

Why would you expect Company A to warranty Company B's work? (... unless, of course, Company B is acting as an agent or subcontractor of Company A.)
My subaru dealer uses a local company for glass repairs. So the work done by them bbn is covered if something happens.. The Glass Company I used Ordered OEM Glass.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Washed it before work today and just now cleaned the maf sensor (been having issues with rough starts in hot weather). Decided that I will debadge again and remove the Wellvisors since I rarely use it. Anyone local to me can have them if you’re willing to drive to me. Will probably need new adhesive. I will remove them as carefully as I can.

Going to remove the plastidip and do a proper chrome delete since Pats4life showed me the way! :)

16_E3_AA57-71_B7-4_A7_B-9437-1_E9_B96_D0_E561.jpg