LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

10years 10months tomorrow and I just hit 54Kmiles this morning. Checked my records and I’ve only done 3004 mi in the last 25 months
"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Installed the 15+ STI steering rack along with the 08STI steering linkage, Cusco brace, and Whiteline steering rack bushings. I need to get an alignment but test drive showed dramatic improvement. Much firmer turning pressure required but far more direct. No complaints except that the location for the steering rack hard lines are in a very inconvenient spot. Shouldn’t have been that hard to get those things off...

Where did you source the rack?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

I put this in News and Rumors too.

Some 3 and 6 ton HF jack stands are being recalled. I am sure there are people here who have them (I own both kinds).

Article (one of many, google others):

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a32600586/harbor-freight-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

Official notice from HF (PDF doc):

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/Jack-Stand-Recall-56371_61196_61197.pdf

Be safe out there folks.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Some 3 and 6 ton HF jack stands are being recalled. I am sure there are people here who have them (I own both kinds).

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a32600586/harbor-freight-jack-stands-recalled-for-risk-of-collapsing/

https://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/recalls/Jack-Stand-Recall-56371_61196_61197.pdf

Be safe out there folks.

I own some and I've been under the car with them....:spin: Thanks a lot Harbor Freight for risking my life. :mad:

Be safe out there folks.

Thanks for the heads up!

Just checked my 6 ton Pittsburgh's I bought last year, thankfully they don't fall into the recalled models.

Noticed a loss of power and not hitting target boost. Plugged in btssm and saw that my IAM is set to 0 and pulled an LV today:

BtSsmLV202005201245.png

Anyone have an idea of where I should start investigating?

Just finished adjusting the parking brake handle, cleaning up the rsb bushings to stop some rear squeaking, and topped off power steering fluid. While under the rear I noticed the suspension bushings are in need of love. I've decided on the whiteline treatment just for bushings. Now to create a shopping list...

Got my car back from the shop, It got broke in on the dyno. I have put 200 miles on it on a base tune. Going to put on the nice hoop scoop, waiting on hub centric rings for wheels, needs a nice clean, and I will get the wheels on after I get coilovers and alignment.

Car and trans is very strong. Lots of voodoo noises under the hood lol. :lol::lol::spin: going back for the nice 91, and 93 tune in a month. With being so busy I am just putting miles on it. I will do an oil change soon at 500 miles. I have 200 of my own now.

Years ago, my tuner said put 1000 miles on it and we'll book the dyno tune. I said schedule for 5 days from now. 5 nights in a row of 200 miles of variable speed driving, I was knackered by the time it went on the dyno. Still getting the 4000rpm "redline " removed was great. I think I ditched work the next day. :)

Curious what folks think about installing the dog bones and still maintaining proper angle for the bushings.

I installed both while the rear shocks were out. The suspension was in a relaxed state but then I got to wondering whether or not they should be torqued with the weight of the vehicle on them...?

I am otherwise one steering knuckle and two frozen rear toe adjustments away from salvation!

Curious what folks think about installing the dog bones and still maintaining proper angle for the bushings.

I installed both while the rear shocks were out. The suspension was in a relaxed state but then I got to wondering whether or not they should be torqued with the weight of the vehicle on them...?

I am otherwise one steering knuckle and two frozen rear toe adjustments away from salvation!

I'd refer to FSM cause you are probably right.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

Noticed a loss of power and not hitting target boost. Plugged in btssm and saw that my IAM is set to 0 and pulled an LV today:

BtSsmLV202005201245.png

Anyone have an idea of where I should start investigating?

I'd start the typical diagnostics procedure, from lowest to highest hanging fruit. Check for air leaks, stuff rattling, then move on from there. If there were an air leak, I'd expect it to be post turbo based on those trims, assuming you see boost in ranges C and D

I'd start the typical diagnostics procedure, from lowest to highest hanging fruit. Check for air leaks, stuff rattling, then move on from there. If there were an air leak, I'd expect it to be post turbo based on those trims, assuming you see boost in ranges C and D

Thanks for the tip.

Checked around yesterday and didn't really see anything, going to have a closer look at and around the intercooler.

I torqued with the full weight on.

MAPerformance has whiteline stuff on a 23% off sale today.

Sale appears to be through May 25th. After some quick looking, most of the prices are msrp, and the sale brings them in line with other vendors around the web.

I torque everything with the suspension loaded.

Some of the bushings may twist/tear when returned to load if they were torqued without load.

Edited by Infosecdad

Did an oil change on the B last night and cleaned the engine bay up a little bit, vacuumed out the trunk. It was a bit dirty from carrying new hot pepper plants.

I picked up my wheels from a friend who has a tire machine in his garage so I can get rid of the previous owners curb rash and clean them up.

This morning she got a wash on the way into the office and I did 2nd and 3rd gear pulls for Dave over @cryotune. It was delayed a bit because of an overboost issue, I finally found that the 2 lines from the turbo to the EBCS were pinched under the intake manifold.

Sitting pretty at the office

vlcsnap-2020-05-21-12h16m16s551.thumb.png.0b389c057a80605798b92330edaddfd0.png

08 Spec B, insta: @08_spec_b, 10 SH Forester insta: @shfozzy

Question about flashing roms, or rather the aftermath.

I read over and over about how the IAM/DAM will initially drop below 1.0 after a new rom is flashed (or ECU reset) and that some driving will bring it up.

Is this something unique to AccessPort or something?

I've been open source tuning for almost four years now and have never seen my IAM drop below 1.0. Not after reset/flash/etc.

I'll flash an updated rom using ECUFlash and them let her idle with everything off for 10 min, then just drive.

Question about flashing roms, or rather the aftermath.

I read over and over about how the IAM/DAM will initially drop below 1.0 after a new rom is flashed (or ECU reset) and that some driving will bring it up.

Is this something unique to AccessPort or something?

I've been open source tuning for almost four years now and have never seen my IAM drop below 1.0. Not after reset/flash/etc.

I'll flash an updated rom using ECUFlash and them let her idle with everything off for 10 min, then just drive.

The IAM/DAM being at 1.0 is all relative to what is in the rom file. The stock value is not 1.0 but can be changed to this.

You can change a parameter in the rom so it starts at 1.0, but the default and safer option is to start at zero, or whatever is the lowest, and allow the ECU to bring it to 1.0 on it's own terms.

Sounds like you or someone else changed this for your rom long ago and you've been using the modification ever since.

EDIT: dang. Second place. And said using fewer characters.

* Build Thread * 26.53 MPG - 12 month Average *

You can change a parameter in the rom so it starts at 1.0, but the default and safer option is to start at zero, or whatever is the lowest, and allow the ECU to bring it to 1.0 on it's own terms.

Sounds like you or someone else changed this for your rom long ago and you've been using the modification ever since.

EDIT: dang. Second place. And said using fewer characters.

Ah, learning new stuff everyday.

My stock rom is 0.5 initial IAM

My tuner roms are all 1.0

Good to know.

Painted the grill and foglights, and finally installed today. Car is also right after I did paint correction :p

Fogs and and "moustache" are gloss black, rest of the grill is diamond grey.

It's also right after I did the paint correction :p

IMG_4040.thumb.JPG.17165f5132b875b1b41d7226ffbef993.JPG

IMG_4043.thumb.JPG.77a1c4be10343a417056e59dfe788d28.JPG

IMG_4050.thumb.JPG.2e2ba5a475e04a544e9d59f6de6b9712.JPG

IMG_4051.thumb.JPG.990e104b8ebf0614e8c39698cd3665c3.JPG