LegacyGT.com

What did you do to your 4th gen. Legacy today? Vol - 10

I always get a kick out of seeing the drain plug after someone's trans shits the bed. I vote oil change too.

My misfire is back, CEL is back. It's not the motor thankfully, but I'm betting it's the injectors (#4 specifically) that's bad. Tried to tell them.

What did you do with the injectors from my car?

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Has anyone ran bilstein shocks and what are your opinions about them?

Had spec.B Bilsteins with spec.B springs and I thought that was a really comfortable, well-tuned ride.

I went to Bilstein HDs w/ new spec.B springs afterwards. The ride is firmer, to the point where bad city streets really feel like punishment. Turning on the track and on smooth back roads is a joy, though. On the track, I actually wished for a higher spring rate. The struts and shocks are a little more livable in warm weather, I think.

Hmmm, the wait for a local 6speed within reasonable driving distance and cost has lasted a few months now. But ELH and flex fuel could be at my door next week... :lol:

Well then. You’re just one week and a tune away from NEEDING that 6MT!

Seriously though. Not sure what turbo you run, but e85/FF kit added so much spool and so much torque. I never want to run gasoline again. Even crappy e70 winter blend is a different game

"Striving to better, oft we mar what's well." - Bill Shakespeare - car modder

Seriously though. Not sure what turbo you run, but e85/FF kit added so much spool and so much torque. I never want to run gasoline again. Even crappy e70 winter blend is a different game

So much tempting... Cuz I have the 6 speed already... Must show restraint.

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

You might be able to see the color on the dip stick ?

How does the tranny sound when its being driven ? Up in the air things may be aligned differently in something that old.

Howls like a banshee when coasting in neutral or accelerating on power, much quieter when engine braking or applying the brake pedal. Makes me think there's some extra lash in the front diff.

I'll drain down the trans tomorrow when I get into the shop.

I'm too lazy to set up shipping haha. I just has the monies ready and preferably dont want the Northeast or Midwest transmissions. In being super picky! In no rush and had a horrible experience with my Spec B interior purchase on here took over 3 months to get all my pieces. I know bulk pieces can be a pain for the seller. 1 bad experience ruined it for me. I been kn these forums for quite some time and my last purchase was my worst experience ever. Lol

..Enjoying e85 fill ups and peoples faces drop when I pass them up and that EWG screams is priceless.

The other thing I was considering was k swapping that accord and bulld it since it's cheaper and easier hahaha. JK

Finishing "Dirty Penny" is the goal. She will dirtier than ever when it's all said and done!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I'm too lazy to set up shipping haha. I just has the monies ready and preferably dont want the Northeast or Midwest transmissions. In being super picky! In no rush and had a horrible experience with my Spec B interior purchase on here took over 3 months to get all my pieces. I know bulk pieces can be a pain for the seller. 1 bad experience ruined it for me. I been kn these forums for quite some time and my last purchase was my worst experience ever. Lol

..Enjoying e85 fill ups and peoples faces drop when I pass them up and that EWG screams is priceless.

The other thing I was considering was k swapping that accord and bulld it since it's cheaper and easier hahaha. JK

Finishing "Dirty Penny" is the goal. She will dirtier than ever when it's all said and done!

Would this help ? https://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi

I just checked for a 6mt, may be they have the other parts too.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Drained the trans because you guys made me curious. Chips on the plug and definitely fine silt in the oil, but no big chunks fell out. Sort of disappointed. Refilled with half 80w90 and half Lucasoil oil thickener/donkey snot and back to the experiment we go.

Also got the JDM Ohlins I picked up from chato on the wagon, and what a difference. Going to take the week to dial them in and go for alignment next week, but wow what a difference. Can't wait to get out on the track. Only downside is rebuild kits not being available in the US. Working with an acquaintance in Japan to source the parts there and ship over to me.

Trying to decide whether to keep the Konis/Eibachs for backups, or sell them...

IMG_20200510_130036.thumb.jpg.2435bc25b7c78aedef95cd19fa1a4c6f.jpg

IMG_20200510_131850.thumb.jpg.f8f47764393f6e748db192b07166769c.jpg

IMG_20200510_131901.thumb.jpg.e94c97e81dd76ac2c1a218c03c0b7b03.jpg

I am still alive. My wagon spends a lot of time sitting these days. I've put around 5,000 miles on it in the last 2 years. The entire drivetrain is shot and it's not very safe to drive at freeway speeds. I can't hear myself think over the wheel bearings ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I got the vanity plates I've been wanting for a few years now finally as a way to motivate myself to get back to work on it. I've got bushings, ball joints, CV axles, wheel bearings, and probably a rack and pinion on the way. I think I've got a boost leak somewhere too.

Yes, I removed my Bernie stickers.

20200511_001917-COLLAGE.thumb.jpg.206d39ed85ac49fbbbe34ccfb35d5e30.jpg

I'm too lazy to set up shipping haha. I just has the monies ready and preferably dont want the Northeast or Midwest transmissions. In being super picky! In no rush and had a horrible experience with my Spec B interior purchase on here took over 3 months to get all my pieces. I know bulk pieces can be a pain for the seller. 1 bad experience ruined it for me. I been kn these forums for quite some time and my last purchase was my worst experience ever.

Patience is key in these situations. Wait another few months and one will pop up within driving distance from you. It's a buyers market with car parts right now anyway, there's no rush if you have a working setup. LGT parts were already trending downward and the current economic conditions will only continue to saturate the market. Even a couple of years ago, both of those 6mt swaps would have been sold already.

I'm in the same position trying to buy an LS swap for my truck. I know I should wait but I want it now!

Definitely being patient. Inwas inpatient about the spec B interior coming late because now it's just too hat to be in the garage lol. Worse case scenario, maybe a year or so to see if I score a 6 speed transmission after winter, there is always the option of doing the Acura TSX swap and trans which will be a fraction of the price of completing the subaru lol. Maybe, I'll have to do both cars up. I'm drove the accord 100 miles yesterday after adding MMO in the oil and gas tank. I'm definitely getting old because I like that it is so quiet and no exhaust note lol. Let's see how long that lasts.

In the other hand, I will be ordering a new set of headlamps to do my retrofit HIDs and order new fog lamps from TRS.

Decisions decisions.

Follow me on IG @chefodiycarguy

and @chefo.soriano

I'm definitely getting old because I like that it is so quiet and no exhaust note lol. Let's see how long that lasts.

In the other hand, I will be ordering a new set of headlamps to do my retrofit HIDs and order new fog lamps from TRS.

Decisions decisions.

Nah, it's just using proper tools for the job. When I need to just get somewhere with as little effort as possible or with group of family members, I take wife's Tribeca. It's quiet and has enough power for quick driving, but handling is not the same as LGT of course.

When I want to lighten up a bit and do some fun, or just go cruising, it is LGT all the way. Both are good but in a different way.

A little behind on updating on this forum but dropped in an ej20x and a Clutchxperts stage 2 clutch. CNT equal length header Grimmspeed uppipe, CNT 3" high-low catted dp into 3" xforce exhaust. Stop tech slotted rotors as welldd523f1ea171ea1dd085c41f086b0076.jpg721d557ebb47db734ba3cb2c6fc1525a.jpg6b70cba2ab114b0d05ff41e6f17fae2c.jpgf2951c3666d278b703d54b976e51b2fe.jpg48e63a37e01ccd6e4cf46d11542f2071.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

On btssm I've noticed my cruising fuel trims creeping over 5% the last few drives, into the 6-7 range. Usually I don't get too worked up as that stuff usually figures itself out over time.

Then I noticed I'm peaking at 1psi less than I was a week ago. Since the last tune update several months ago I'll reliably hit 18.6ish psi. After two separate 3rd and 4th gear short pulls it was in the 17.5psi range. Probably nothing major, but looks like I have some small boost leak to diagnose. I suspect I'll blow into the bpv hose, listen, and hear nothing. And a small boost leak will nag at the back of my brain for months.

Temperatures and fuel can influence those small changes as well, we are entering the time of year for both to change.

Those little differences can eat me up if I let them.

I'm working on just keeping track, but not stressing about them.

A little behind on updating on this forum but dropped in an ej20x and a Clutchxperts stage 2 clutch. CNT equal length header Grimmspeed uppipe, CNT 3" high-low catted dp into 3" xforce exhaust. Stop tech slotted rotors as welldd523f1ea171ea1dd085c41f086b0076.jpg721d557ebb47db734ba3cb2c6fc1525a.jpg6b70cba2ab114b0d05ff41e6f17fae2c.jpgf2951c3666d278b703d54b976e51b2fe.jpg48e63a37e01ccd6e4cf46d11542f2071.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All that pretty stuff and then you see that tmic...You do know it is leaking in the front corner right above the turbo ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

After 8 weeks of non-use ( mostly due to 6.5 weeks of job furlough and being 160 miles to the north ) and sheltered in the garage in Fishkill, I now have it up in the Adirondack Park with me, for the next couple of weeks. I picked up a new Interstate battery and the summer wheels / tires went on. 347,000 + miles

677823634_051120PMThurman.jpg.8099db29d1ab368567a0f72b3122ab63.jpg

Edited by STX 195

Today I ordered rear gate lock and bunch of small small rubber stops and other parts for my wagon. Verified the epoxy cured on my fix for broken tab bolts for rear gate plastic cover, it is ready to go back in, Took it off to fix sticking rear gate opening handle and broke some mounting locations for sides bolts.

I may assemble it together if ETA for parts is too long. Parts are to feed the "whileiamthere" monster...

EDIT: here's part list with online prices (no tax added):

part order for my 2005 Legacy GT wagon, VIN 4S3BP6765xxxxxxxx :

1. Latch and Actuator Tailgate (Rear Gate) - 63032AG00B - 1 x $55.17 = $55.17

2. Liftgate Latch Handle (Outer) - 63160AG00A - 1 x $18.58 = $18.58

3. Liftgate Bump Stop- 63112AG02A - 4 x $26.28= $105.12 ( 2 extra for Tribeca)

4. Liftgate Bump Stop (Left)- 63112AG110 - 2 x $2.11 = $4.22 ( 1 extra for Tribeca)

5. Liftgate Bump Stop (Right)- 63112AG100 - 2 x $2.11 = $4.22 ( 1 extra for Tribeca)

6. Liftgate Bump Stop - 63262AG10A - 2 x $1.34= $2.68 ( 1 extra for Tribeca)

7. Liftgate Bump Stop - 63262AG10B - 2 x $0.83= $0.83 ( 1 extra for Tribeca)

8. Liftgate Lock Striker Plate - 63264AG10A - 2 x $2.43= $4.86 ( 1 extra for Tribeca)

9. Grommet Seat. Grommet Sheet D20 - 909230044 - 8 x $0.26= $2.08

Edited by SubOperator
Added parts list

Seems there's a delay in getting my top hats delivered. They were supposed to arrive on the 8th and suddenly on the 9th the tracking # simply showed the shipment as "in transit". No more expected delivery date.

I think that might be USPS's way of saying "we lost your package".