LegacyGT.com

Multiple issues, new to Subarus

Hello all, I have a 1994 RHD wagon that doesn't seem like it was very well taken care of. I did drive it 50 miles, but a couple of the issues I'm curious of at the moment are a complete lack of console lights working, including radio, and all the climate control switches. The speedometer also doesn't work, though I haven't tried lubricating it yet. According to the gauges the car also never reaches operating temperature so it seems like the thermostat might be stuck open. Anyone else have this issue? Oh and none of the windows work, I read something about a fusible link somewhere but now I can't find it. Seems like it should be an easy issue to fix, hope it is anyway. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello;

The main fuse box is on the drivers side inner fender and the fuseable link is in there. I think that is for the alternator. On the inner lower cowl panel, driver's side is the fuse block for the lights and such. Pull the main window switch on the drivers door and check it for voltage and ohms, Steven.

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing to note is the 1st gens had terrible grounds. Put in a set of good ground wires throughout to help phantom issues and dim lights.

Climate control had issue with cold solder joints, just take it out and apart, reflow all the joints and may fix your issue.

Archived