LegacyGT.com

Official Interest In COBB Flex-Fuel for the Legacy GT Platform - Please speak up

cryo

UPDATE: COBB Listened to our requests and finally released this 11/20/18!!!!

Here is the link to the promo we are running. Pricing will honor the 10% off cobb special for the time its available *till the 26th* and then will go up but we will still be running a promo for the release regardless with some additional savings but not as much as if purchased sooner rather than later.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/cryotune-cobb-flexfuel-etune-and-dyno-pricing-276619.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello All

I wanted to post up an official interest post to see who here is truly interested in the cobb flex fuel option for this chassis. Now keep in mind when I state "interest" I mean who would be ready to shell out the money NOW if the option was currently available.

The reason I am so blunt is COBB is going to need a big reason to put the time, effort, and development funds into adapting this to work with the legacy gt ecu and it may or may not even be possible given the limitations of the 05-06 ECU but may be very possible for the 07+ canbus ecu and only time will tell if they even look into the 10+ ecu due to its small production numbers.

They will need a very high interest to adapt it to a platform that doesn't make up a huge amount of their actual sales so we need to realize that if the cost out weights the benefit it will not happen. If its easily adaptable and the hardware can be used in the same manner it may comes down to coding.

I will be supplying these flex fuel kits for the 08+ WRX and STI in January and then later on the GD and 2014FXT/2015+WRX FA motor once they are available for public sale but can guarantee they are focused on what will bring the largest market share first which is honestly good business. My hope is that with enough interest they may look into it deeper and see if it may be easily adapted.

I will keep you guys updated as I know but please post your interest in this thread since its something easily followed by the vendors on this site. This is not being solicited by COBB, I'm just hoping to have some hard evidence they could count on the sales if the product becomes available and they have always supported the legacy GT when it came to other components at some level so hopefully its a possibility.

Thanks and lets keep it updated

List Updated 12/11/2016

1. Tocinoman/2008 Legacy GT/ 5 speed

2. gkinslow/2009 LGT/ 5mt

3. 05sleeper/2005 LGT/ 5mt

4. Cincy05LGT/2005 LGT Ltd./5mt

5. Rebourne / 2006 OBXT / 5mt

6. TheMonaLisa / 2006 LGT/ 5mt

7. doobarugt/2005 LGT 5MT

8. elgin.owens / 2006 LGT 5MT

9. Nightmaremk /2005 OBXT 6MT

10. Benjamin M / 2005 OBXT / 6MT

11. Rester5350 / 2006 OBXT / 5MT

12. Grothe08LGT / 2008 LGT / 5MT

13. WRX USA / 2009 OBXT / 6MT

14. ColdSoda / 2008 LGT Specb /6MT

15. Con.Harr91 / 05 LGT / 5MT

16. LeggyGT 2005 LGT / 5EAT

17. Baci / 2008 LGT Spec B / 6MT

18. mbappe - NO INFO

19. yougotboostpower / 2007 LGT Specb / 6mt

20. Rckymtngt / 2007 LGT / 5MT

21. Irconflict / 2008 LGT Spec B / 6MT

22. INVNO1/2006 OBXT/ 5MT

23. Cryo / 2008 LGT Spec B / 6MT

24. Isu22fan - NO INFO 05/06

25. Pesh2121 - NO INFO

26. Underdog / 2006 LGT / 5MT

27. Scooby 2.5 / 2005 / 5MT

28. Whitrzac / 2005 LGT / 5MT

29. Code / 2009 LGT / 5MT

30. Xtea / 2006 OBXT Wagon / 5MT

32. KRM / 2005 LGT / 5MT

33. Bnguyenbb6 / 2006 LGT / 5MT

Edited by cryo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm highly interested if it's available for '05s. I'd have to consider total cost of course but would open my wallet pretty wide for this. I've always been a fan of open-source so I don't currently own an AP but this would be the incentive I need to get one.

blows my mind! Especially since many of our members already have many of the necessary supporting mods to see the most gains from this.

I think it's more of an issue of people not really understanding what it is or what it does. We've been through some higher turnover in ownership where all the elder members who bought their cars with appropriate intel and intentions have sold their cars. Now there are 2nd or 3rd party noobs to the game without much knowledge of the former investments on their vehicles.

I'm still hopeful we're on Cobb's radar :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Updated parts list since original part-out here.

Original Full part-out of my LGT HERE!