LegacyGT.com

Banjo filters.... how many?

So I see conflicted answers on how many banjo bolts there are and where they are. I have an 08 LGT. So far I found one under the intake. I also found one next to my oil fill. Neither had a filter in them and it wasn’t still in the hole. Is there a third one at the turbo or is this it? I removed that bracket and looked for one. I found a bolt with an orange line it on the back of the motor. I can’t even get on it so I gave up. Not even sure if that’s what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are banjo bolts, yes, but not the ones that have filters. Those are banjo bolts for the avcs solenoids.

On your 08, the banjo location for turbo side is under the turbo inlet. The second is behind the timing cover on the front left of the engine (near a/c compressor).

I didn't think the 08 vehicles have filters in them.

Those are banjo bolts, yes, but not the ones that have filters. Those are banjo bolts for the avcs solenoids.

On your 08, the banjo location for turbo side is under the turbo inlet. The second is behind the timing cover on the front left of the engine (near a/c compressor).

I didn't think the 08 vehicles have filters in them.

I’m not sure if they do. It seems like a pain to get to tho. Just found it. Which stinks cause I had the inlet off yesterday and it was the worst to get the new one in. I am throwing a p0011 code. So I checked the 2 i mentioned. Now I just have to get to the turbo one. But if it has no filter then there is no point. I also ordered a new ocv solenoid. Can’t get the old one out though as it hits the bracket. Not sure if I should keep digging in and remove the inlet again or just assume there is no filter

https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2834394

That link used to be the picture of where the filters are for various years.

The banjos your looking for have a raised portion on the top not a real nipple.

there is a good thread on here about removing them with pictures, do a google search.

FWIW, my 09 has both filters still installed. IMO 07-09's don't have the same issue with them as the 05-06's

Edited by Max Capacity

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My '09 had the one under the inlet/back of the head (turbo feed line) that I removed while the inlet was off and being replaced. I don't see any other way than to have the inlet removed to access that one. I have not touched any others on my car. It was dirty but did not appear to be clogged.

You can reach the back of the PS head to remove that banjo filter from underneath the car -not easily, but it can certainly be done.

No way. It’s directly under the turbo inlet and vertical. I just did it. Had to take off the Intercooler, the inlet, and the small coolant tank. Was not fun. Took about 2.5 hours. I covered it in another post. Hopefully this solves my problem.

Imo removing the turbo is much easier than the inlet. Plenty of access once that is out of the way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your right. Would have been probably. It intimidated me a little bit truth be told. I guess it shouldn’t though because I removed a lot the way I did it too