LegacyGT.com

10 Years Later

On this date in 2010 I brought my LGT home for the first time.

Here it is on that snowy day.

MgHurlT.jpg

E7n1Y89.jpg

hWzslE4.jpg

And here it is on a less snowy today.

BUzeZrx.jpg

YzUpjRM.jpg

N1QQIsz.jpg

When I bought it, it had 35,626 miles. It was certified pre-owned.

Here's my first thread where we got off to an inauspicious start.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/not-supposed-subject-my-first-post-130387.html

And today:

rC2X9FJ.jpg

Since owning it, once we got past the initial hiccup, things have been relatively pain free and it's been very reliable. I've done a few things to it, but I wanted to keep it relatively stock looking and reliable. I've got it exactly where I want it.

I've thought about selling it a few times, and I posted it on here for sale a few years ago. And honestly I've been mulling it over for the past several months but I just can't bring myself to it.

Since acquiring it quite a few cars have come and gone from my driveway.

A couple months later I sold my 2005 Scion tC as the LGT was its replacement. Later, my wife also sold her 2006 Scion tC to get her own 2009 LGT, which she has since sold and bought a 2018 Forester XT.

4U0qn8Z.jpg

7cVYXSQ.jpg

In 2011 I sold the Civic I had at the time which I bought simply because it was cheap. I had it right around a year.

XqQD1sr.jpg

Also in 2011 I bought a 1966 Pontiac Catalina. I bought it for the engine to swap into my 1967 Impala. I did that, fixed a few minor things, and sold it after about 4 months.

Cw7raD8.jpg

ALSO in 2011 I bought a 1991 Mitsubishi 3000GT. I had it for less than a month because it had some problems I wasn't aware of and the dealer I bought it from took it back since they felt like they sold it too cheap anyway. It was a weird time.

IHJSzWH.jpg

And, I believe it was also 2012 when my wife bought her 2006 BMW Z4 3.0si. I took this photo today.

ed0S7IC.jpg

In 2012 I sold my 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T since the wagon replaced most of what I needed a truck for - and by that time we had finished the major renovations on the house. It had ~50k miles when I sold it.

Xaw43T7.jpg

Later in 2012 I bought my 2006 GTO sight unseen on eBay and flew to Florida then drove it home. It's still hanging around.

y9UwZhw.jpg

Then it got quiet for a while.

After that pause, in 2015 I bought my neighbor's 2007 Civic 5-speed because he was moving his family to Asia for a few years. I drove it around for about 9 months before I sold it to a dad for his daughter who he wanted to ensure could drive stick.

yPhKSw9.jpg

Also in 2015 I took my stepdad's truck because he was no longer supposed to be driving. I hung onto it for about a year and a half. It was a 2009 Tacoma PreRunner. I sold it to my boss for her kids in 2016 with something like 32k miles.

BFyH0P2.jpg

ALSO in 2015 I bought a worn but low mile 2002 Lexus IS300 SportCross. I spent about 6 months fixing it up and I gave it to my mom since her lease was up and she needed something to drive that would also fit in her garage. She's still puttering around in it confusing car guys.

1qYhaxE.jpg

In late 2017 I took over someone's lease of a 2016 Buick Regal GS. I got an amazing deal on it and I really liked it. I turned it in back in June of 2019.

hG0woSf.jpg

And finally, in March of 2019 (you may notice some overlap there) I leased a 2019 Lexus IS300 AWD. That's what I drive 85% of the time now.

3osZLEa.jpg

Meanwhile I've had my 1967 Impala the whole time.

So as you can see, it's been a long and eventful journey with my Legacy. Thanks for taking this trip down memory lane with me.

And thanks to everyone in the forum who has helped me out over the years and for providing such great information for other owners.

Edited by landark

Boo, come back to the legacy GT lyfe Bro lol :lol:. lexus looks nice but looks boring to drive. I mean my 2010 DD ford Taurus is boring also but my legacy will be fun to drive. I can't have stock cars only anymore.

All my friend that are my age or 3-5 years younger got out of the car game and have boring ass stock trucks or cars, and talk about them as if they are cool. Drives me crazy. now they just watch football, drink and have lame things they do and talk about.

Wow, you change cars a lot. I have underwear that I've had for longer then you keep some of your cars.

LOL

How's that GTO ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Boo, come back to the legacy GT lyfe Bro lol . lexus looks nice but looks boring to drive. I mean my 2010 DD ford Taurus is boring also but my legacy will be fun to drive. I can't have stock cars only anymore.

I haven't left the Legacy Lyfe, not yet anyway. In fact, I am going to be taking it in to get gauges installed in the cubby at some point this month. I have gotten so lazy that while I still have the itch to modify cars, I can't get myself motivated to do it myself. So as punishment, I force myself to pay someone else to do it. As a notorious cheapskate, this kills me. But the lazy part has been winning for a while now.

The Lexus is ideal for my almost entirely straight 12 mile highway commute to and from work. I can drive it and not worry one iota about it, unlike my constant panic that something is going to happen to the Legacy.

Wow, you change cars a lot. I have underwear that I've had for longer then you keep some of your cars.

LOL

How's that GTO ?

It really doesn't seem like that many cars until I put it together like that. I haven't owned just one car since I was 17 in 1996 and it has really added up over the years.

The GTO taught me one important lesson. That 400 horsepower is too much. 300 is plenty. It has been dead reliable with only maintenance needed aside from a torn center bushing in the driveshaft. I drive it on nice sunny days spring through fall. I have it exactly where I want it too. I think it's a really nice design that has held up over the years and I got it because it was different. It is getting to the point where some things need freshening, like the headlights should probably be replaced and the roof will need a respray soon. And I am terrified that someone will bump into it and total it because replacement parts are impossible to find. I think it has ~53k miles currently.

Quite a collection! I will say finding an IS wagon is an accomplishment these days. I've only seen a couple

I eyeballed that SportCross for months. It had 63k miles on it and was relatively cheap. I went to take a look at it and it was way worse than the pictures showed. But I said the heck with it and I bought it. By the time I was done I could no longer pretend I got a good deal, but working on it was an absolute pleasure since everything came apart and went back together perfectly. No broken tabs or illogical placement of things (coughcabinairfiltercough). And it drives phenomenally. Since she's had it she's had no fewer than 10 offers to buy it by random strangers.

I’m actually surprised you still have the wagon, doesn’t seem like you use it much.

Clean looking car though and a unicorn 2007 lgt wagon at that!

It was the first '07 wagon I had seen for sale used. I saw it listed one day after work and decided to drive the 2 hours just to take a look. I was totally in love with the 4th gen wagon looks and the fact that it was AWD, which I had fallen in love with in my nightmare Audi, just made it that much better.

10 years is the second longest I've had any car. Second to my Impala which I've had for 25.

uFnQBry.jpg

That GTO is a dream! I was a huge N-Body guy, I had a 97 Grand-Am GT 5MT and in 2008 I passed on a GTO at RK Chevrolet down in the 757 area and instead bought a brand new 08 2.5i Sedan from them.

Here I am 3 Legacys later (1 2.5i and 2 LGTs) nice collection of cars over the years!

I love seeing old big nice cars like that. it reminds me of the matrix when you see that hot chick in red. it stand out. I not a big fan of many old school rides but that one I like. If I was to go old school, I would be looking for a Road Runner with a 440, a Barracuda, something like that. I love the Road Runners even in 202 a nice one will still pull hard with it's size.

Thanks folks. The Impala (nicknamed Land Ark) is definitely big. The first thing we did when looking at houses was measure the garage to make sure it would fit. This one barely made it with almost 2 feet to spare. That said it is NOT very space efficient inside. The back seat is actually kinda of cramped. It has about as much leg room as my Lexus in back.

I mentioned how the Legacy was my dream car, I had been lusting after it ever since playing Gran Turismo 2. I really appreciate the 2nd gen and I wouldn't be opposed to buying an imported GT-B. But how everything came together for the 4th gen made it impossible for me to pass up. I only wish I could have afforded a new one at the time.