LegacyGT.com

My Stoptech pad review

Swine

I had massive brake overhall to do to my LGT, and ended up going with the Stoptech pads from Infamous over the HPS because of a less then stellar previous experience with the Hawks.

I made some major changes to the overall brake system, so i cant comment overally on feel.

-STI master cylinder and booster swap

-ATE super blue flush

-Stoptech pads front and rear

However i can comment and what the hawks did poorly vs what the stoptechs do quite well. The Hawks dusted alot and had some squel to them, dusting is much impoved in the Stoptechs and thus far they havent made even the slightest squel(going on 2k miles on the setup).

The feel is massively improved, but more due replacing the sub par oem master cylinder and booster. The pads feel just fine though and improve on the hawks shortcomings, so i am very happy camper.

• 3 weeks later...

I like(d) the StopTechs on my LGT; Thing is, they barely lasted a year with normal driving. :(

Prior I had HPS which were completely full of FAIL. Hated them, because they were no better than, and probably worse than stock for me.

SOLD | '06 spec.B - VF52/AVO/740cc/Up/Down | 238awhp | 50-80mph 3.1 seconds.

• 1 month later...
I like(d) the StopTechs on my LGT; Thing is, they barely lasted a year with normal driving. :(

Prior I had HPS which were completely full of FAIL. Hated them, because they were no better than, and probably worse than stock for me.

i have to agree with you on the HPS pads. Alot of ppl love them on other cars, but for our cars, the HPS were a big disappointment

I'm at a year on my stoptech pads now and they have a good 60-70% left.

by far the best pads for the money. To get something comparable you have to spend more than twice as much on DS2500s. Hawk needs a new street compound. When it came out the HPS was pretty great but now it sucks compared to the other options.

IMO any vendor that recommends the HPS either doesn't know much about brakes or is just doing it because there's more profit. Not sure which is worse: ignorance or selling an inferior product to make more money.

Archived