LegacyGT.com

Show Us Your Rack!

Lotek

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally bit the bullet and picked up the Yakima bits for this pile on the roof. Also have a third frontloader for a three bike config without box.

Let's bump this thread. kzr750r1, how long are you crossbars? I just acquired a skybox 16 and am wondering if I could fit 3 bikes up there (2 26" and 1 20").

Let's bump this thread. kzr750r1, how long are you crossbars? I just acquired a skybox 16 and am wondering if I could fit 3 bikes up there (2 26" and 1 20").
Mine are 50" and 60". I can double check later today. Keep in mind it may work with other bike mounts but I could only fit two bikes with the box on board. Three for sure without. For my setup the bike mounts are pushed outside the riser, kinda sketchy.

I was planning to put the box and three bikes up there :eek:. But in the end, I am not sure if I want to do that. I may end up putting the bike on a hitch rack after all. Thinking of buying a stowaway frame (see here) and then figure out how to permanently install my bike racks on it (3 or 4 Yakima King cobra racks). Edited by xt2005bonbon

I have three front loaders. So it's a pretty large footprint. XL CoreBars do come in 80". :)

All three front loaders will fit on the 50" inside the mounts.

ForkChop is much smaller but then you need to pack a wheel somewhere.

• 1 year later...
Yearly bump for a great thread. Looking hard at a roof basket for a summer trip. Anyone want to weigh in with experience or dimensions they favor? The Yakima/Thule/Kuat route is probable and all three have size variations. Working with Thule square bars atm. Input appreciated. And pics. This thread needs pics.

Newly acquired Thule Force L 628 roof box mounted to the flush style OEM cross bars. I had an old Thule Frontier roof box before that was 6.5 ft long and it stuck out a decent amount over the front windshield to be able to open the trunk. Pleased with how the new box sits :)

58443934_10157423919702474_5135066790337970176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=7e29d48c09f1082b6ae72dd6f4f523ae&oe=5D7371A6

Newly acquired Thule Force L 628 roof box mounted to the flush style OEM cross bars. I had an old Thule Frontier roof box before that was 6.5 ft long and it stuck out a decent amount over the front windshield to be able to open the trunk. Pleased with how the new box sits :)

58443934_10157423919702474_5135066790337970176_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=7e29d48c09f1082b6ae72dd6f4f523ae&oe=5D7371A6

That looks super nice!

• 2 weeks later...
Picked up a used Yakima load warrior for a song off of cL. It also had a custom/hack job on the 18 inch extension down to ten inches, precisely the length I was looking for. Phone pic but you get the idea.IMG_8510.thumb.jpg.0511603898e7dd2b1c63a3e668903b34.jpg

Complete win. Found the listing online while speaking w a sales rep at a local rack shop. They discontinued the Kuat I really wanted for the low profile. Nobody could get it to me without over a bill in shipping. This took ~45 mins each way and I got instant gratification. And I saved shipping plus another bill off top. Will def post up real pics from the trip this summer. War wagon mode enabled.

• 1 month later...
Can I still find a roof mount kit for new bars and feet for wider bars than what OEM comes with? Want to put my kid's 16" bike and the big Thule box up top.. and still carry 2 bikes on a hitch.

Summer shenanigans rocking the roof rack. Cleared the curb at the sammich spot and only scraped coming out of my low driveway. Idk how it didn’t rub, was loaded to the gills. All in all, enjoyed the extra functionality. IMG_8885.thumb.jpg.a0570892ff4444b783f51a380eb383ea.jpg