LegacyGT.com

WTF is wrong with NY?

BDII

It doesn't matter what type of gun toy it is or if the toy gun is brightly colored. The bad guys will paint their gun brightly colored just so the cops wont shoot at them.

number one rule, DO NOT POINT ANYTHING AT A POLICE OFFICE. You may get shot.

I use to live in New York. Why do you have to pay a tax for using your credit/debt card? Why are the highway's speed limits are still 55?

I live in NY and have never paid an extra tax for using my credit card. Are you referring to the practice that some businesses don't charge the mandatory sales tax on cash purchases? That's called tax evasion.

There are highways (mostly interstates) where the speed limit is 65. I drive on one of them in Westchester frequently.

and WTF is it with NY drivers ALWAYS driving in the left lane regardless of your speed?

WTF is with jersey drivers flying up behind you in the left lane, flashing their headlights, regardless of the situation???? I have four cars in front of me, and two are 18 wheelers... You think they would figure out, that the person directly in front of them is not the problem.

I use to live in New York. Why do you have to pay a tax for using your credit/debt card? Why are the highway's speed limits are still 55?

My Car Build Log: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2000-leggy-brighton-wagon-swagon-242198.html?t=242198

Some retailers in the northeast love to charge an extra 2% on credit card purchases under $10 or $20.... I've never encountered it anywhere else in the country.

WTF is with jersey drivers flying up behind you in the left lane, flashing their headlights, regardless of the situation???? I have four cars in front of me, and two are 18 wheelers... You think they would figure out, that the person directly in front of them is not the problem.

Those are just assholes. Can't make any excuses for those drivers.

Some retailers in the northeast love to charge an extra 2% on credit card purchases under $10 or $20.... I've never encountered it anywhere else in the country.

Most tourist traps do in my area.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

It only happens in NJ! So does that mean, that NJ has more assholes than other states? :lol:

What do you expect from a state that doesn't allow its own residents to pump gas. I think the stupid flows south.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I was taught in NY that there is no fast lane and that the idea of a fast lane is a myth. Theres a merging and exiting lane
a driving lane [middle] and a passing lane

NYS V&T

§ 1120. Drive on right side of roadway;

(b) In addition, upon all roadways, any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

Is this mythical left lane on the Cross Bronx/Bruckner/BQE (pick one) during rush hour?

The best is when a emergency Vehicle comes through, and every tries to drive the wake!!

NYS V&T

§ 1120. Drive on right side of roadway;

(b) In addition, upon all roadways, any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic, or as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.

That still does not designate the left lane as the fast lane. I drive mostly in the boroughs during rush hour so you wont be doing much more than 40mph on a good day. At that point any lane is fair game

That still does not designate the left lane as the fast lane. I drive mostly in the boroughs during rush hour so you wont be doing much more than 40mph on a good day. At that point any lane is fair game

If you've missed the spirt of those words clearly placed in front of you, you're a fool.

It doesn't designate the left lane as the "fast lane", but it does say that if you're going slower than everyone else, stay to the right. Every single day I drive on Westchester highways, I see at least one vehicle enter the highway from the ramp then immediately take the left lane (or center lane if it's a 3-lane h'way) regardless of whether there are any cars in front of them or not.

Tbh, CT is worse, especially I-84. It seems like every other exit is a left-hand exit so cars are constantly criss-crossing.

Listen, every state has their fair share of total a-holes who do the insta-shift to the left lane and leave it there at +1 of the speed limit. Super annoying, and every now & then we get to enjoy the view of them being so ignorant that they do not notice the police car behind them and then lighting them up for being dumb.

I notice it a lot here in NJ, where the left lane slows to a 60-65 crawl, and I would say 50% of the time, its a NY license plate at the front of the crawl.

First it's large sodas and now it's toy guns?

Are you people trying to out-do California in the dumb law department?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/08/03/ny-toy-gun-ban/

I prefer more dead kids playing with toys shot by cops. Far better outcome.

And our cops nowadays are of such high quality that like that cop in Cleveland, they can tell the difference between toy guns and real guns so easily. Even the police like this law. Unlike you, they don't enjoy shooting kids with toys.

Archived