LegacyGT.com

First gear slipping

timbo7

Hey guys,

Went to to track tonight with my car and I thought that my tires were spinning at first but then realized that when I tried to launch in first that it would take off but wasn't grabbing like it should be. Now when I go to put it in first with the clutch depressed it makes a slight whine sound. If I let the clutch out normally and get on it there's not slipping. Pulls hard to redline. Is the transmission on the way out? I put a new fx350 and wrx flywheel in the end of last fall.

Mods are basic bnr18g with supporting mods.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks max. I saw that thread.

When my stock one was slipping I could floor it in fourth at like 2k and once I built boost the rpms jumped up to redline with no gain in speed. Now its fine other then when I give it a lot of throttle to launch. I can't get it to slip in gear. To my limited knowledge it still feels like something is slipping. Guess the clutch is really the only thing that would cause this?

Yep, May want to think about replacing it before the FW gets to damaged and can't be re-surfaced.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Thanks guys. I emailed CM and haven't received a response yet. Not sure I want to rip it all apart even if they give me a new one and put it in and deal with it again in 15k miles. Guess I'll look into the spec clutch you got Jerm.

I deffinitly will not get another and i will continue steer people away as much as possible my only debate now is weather to go 2 or 2+. maxcompacity recommended the 2 and underdog who has help me through this process said the 2+, but he did say he has limited expieriance with spec clutches

Wow 20% off thanks. Still waiting for my response.

Where did you get yours from? With a few minutes searching the spec seems to be like 650 and the cm is about 550.

Yeah great 20 percent off a clutch that lasted 8k miles they could offer me 90% off its still cost me more.

I got my cmfx350 from underdog during a group buy. I messaged him when it started to slip and I will be buying a spec from him. Hes been helpful and answering all my questions unlike clutchmasters.

I deffinitly will not get another and i will continue steer people away as much as possible my only debate now is weather to go 2 or 2+. maxcompacity recommended the 2 and underdog who has help me through this process said the 2+, but he did say he has limited expieriance with spec clutches

The 2+ will be fine. I ran mine for 85,000 miles, still grabbed like it should when I replaced it with the new short block.

It was just a little harder to drive. My Spec 2 has been like a stock Honda clutch, flawless or the OEM clutch in my Spec B. I'm making 300ftlbs in my wagon.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived