LegacyGT.com

Rpm drops and hesitates while driving very slow or in traffic

So being in the military I wait in very long lines to get in the front gate, my car is a 5eat so when I just let of pf the brake the car starts to roll then starts shuttering and the rpms drop, when I stop it stops, when I accelerate it stops, it's only when I drive very slow it starts to shutter. I cleaned the maf, cleaned my air filter, changed mostly every vacuume line I can and also put I'm some fuel Injector cleaner. Anyone had this issue?

Had this same issue with my wife's car for over a year. Did all the things you did, still didn't do anything. Took it in and had the transmission fluid flushed, never had it happen again.

How long has it been since you have changed it, would be the question.

Is it stuttering when you're on gas pedal or off or both? Mine used to stutter while coasting down (clutch engaged, but off the gas / throttle closed) at slow speeds in 1st or 2nd gear only. I have a 6MT. I just flashed my car to Cobb AP Stage 1 and this problem went away. But I've heard of people having the dealer reflash the car's stock map to fix the stutter.

I drove in a empty parking lot trying to get a code to pop but nothing, it died twice on me yesterday coming to a stop. Sometimes it will start up but already be sputtering like the rpms are having a hard time climbing and then it will just click and a go smoothing, not literally click but as if something mechanical is causing it to run like a diesel and then it instantly runs smooth

Oh so the car was not tuned for the intake...

The stock intake is good for lot's of HP. Most of us keep it.

Having said tuned, is your car on the stock MAP ? If yes, you'll want to fix that.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes the car came with a v1 acessport stage2 tune so I assumed it had a intake on it with the original owner because it came with a Cobb dp but looked like the exhaust and stock air box had been removed then re installed for the sale because they both looked brand new

Problem solved, the k&n intake was cousins this issue. With the stock air box back on the car ran perfectly

This was critical info you didn't provide.

Yes the car came with a v1 acessport stage2 tune so I assumed it had a intake on it with the original owner because it came with a Cobb dp but looked like the exhaust and stock air box had been removed then re installed for the sale because they both looked brand new

You need at minimum a a gutted downpipe, preffered a catless or highflow cat 3inch to run stage 2.

Archived