LegacyGT.com

Fender Flares???

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got a 6th gen on track? Didn't think the eyesight system supported off road operation?

Also the rear suspension was changed for 6th gen to not be compatible at all?

What are you talking about? :lol:

I meant rear bearing assembly....because 5x114.

What are you talking about? :lol:

I meant rear bearing assembly....because 5x114.

5x114.3 is not driving factor. long life bearing under heavy load is. Something like these: http://www.subaruwrcspares.com/5.html

I've called MSI to get something like this custom made - http://www.mooresport.com/indexe.php/chassis/impreza-rear-subframe to swap the sti parts direct to the wagon. The quote was $5000 plus 8 weeks.

• 1 year later...
Wheels are a 20x10.5 trying to remember the offset but they are not quite right, I have to use a 10mm spacer to clear the springs...

bearing life is how long?

what size tires?

what are the flares made from? Did you do it or had it made/installed? Do you have more pics on the install?

I had the wheel bearings replaced about 8 years ago under warranty and haven't had any issues with noise since then. I don't currently have any issues with wheel bearings. The tires are a 275 / 30 r19. I probably should have gone with a 265 / 30 r19 just for fitment and would probably still look beefy as it does now. I believe they are made of a polyethylene, they are fairly flexible but not flimsy. They were made specifically for the Legacy so there was no altering cutting grinding or anything they bolted right on. The guys that help me put it on couldn't believe it they said normally we have to grind the hell out of these things and to get them to fit right. Let me pull up some pics of the install.

I'm not sure what's wrong I'm trying to upload photos of the install there wasn't very many pics I took but it is not letting me if you give me your email address I will send them to you directly and maybe you can try to upload them.

• 1 year later...

Here's what I know at this time:

- sashadg1 was last active this past April. I've sent a pm to see if I can get more details.

- Dead Mr works for Northwest Rally Sport in Bellingham. I met him last year at WCSS in Shelton. We talked about fender flares. He said call the shop and he'd be willing to work something out.

- Instagram & snap chat have a few postings of flared wagons. I don't have an account on either so no way to track down a set.

- Audi RS4 flares are sort of a good fit. I found a place in California that makes fiberglass versions but they are pretty rough, so you'll need a body shop to fit them.

- Madrig of bada$$ CF fame is working on a full CF body kit for the wagon. I have no other details other than that. He already has a solution for the front flares that works on wagon & sedan.

- The monkey8 (forget his moniker, lived in Lacey or Olympia Washington) built a custom set of flares for his sedan. Car was sold or wrecked or parted. I don't think its been seen since.

- The Corazon fender flare kit was purchased on yahoo.jp and installed on "The Korean" wagon. He's local to Puget Sound and has a few posts showing the flares.

- Yahoo.jp auction site occasionally has flares for sale, however, money. You can also contact any of the manufacturers and ask them if they still have the molds.

- I purchased "m sprank"'s complete collection of JDM Legacy & HyperRev magazines to glean every manufacturer of LGT parts I could. My lack of skill with reading Kanji has made this a difficult task. This pictures are, however, worth it.

For me, I've sort of moved on from this as immediate problem to solve. I purchased an 08 STI rear subframe with suspension, axles, and bearings. The subframe doesn't have the same shape as the LGT. Nor is it the same width.

I've yet to contact TSSfab.us, a local Puget Sound company, that makes outrageous subframe solutions of STi's. Visit their site. If you like what you see, drop me a pm. If I get enough, I'll contact them to see what it would take to make an STI rear subframe swap.

I have a wrecked sedan that I've been delaying on the partout in case I can figure this problem out.

I've signed up for a welding class this summer & a fabrication class this fall. I'm hoping to learn enough to tackle making my own sti swapped subframe.

The fender flare problem continues to linger. I'm kind of waiting on madrig to finish his super secret project. However, if it doesn't happen, see about fabrication class and wrecked sedan.

Keep in mind, this is now a 15 year old vehicle. Any solution will likely be custom and not cheap. If I do it, it'll be for the racewagon first and road cars second. Feel free to drop me a pm if you are interested or have mad skills.