LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

did it have gauges on the A pillar?

I didn't look inside the cabin. It was in the air.

Saw the car. There's 3 guages on the pillars and two on the center dash. Definitely stage 2+, OZ wheels, plus the FMIC. I suspect it's Dujo's car.

Of course, it was only one of several Legacies.

Legacies.thumb.jpg.58583629fb7f03ea878c730bfde25ff7.jpg

Yep, that was me at Motive. No front mount intercooler though. Just the JDM front bumper. The gauges are correct though. Three gauges on the A-pillar. The boost gauge doesn't work very well and the AFR gauge has never been hooked up. And two more oil gauges in the center cubby. It's my nod to the boy ricer that I missed out on when I was 16 and had no money to spend on cool cars. ;)

Was in to replace nearly 2 year old CM FX350 segmented clutch that I burned up while autocrossing. After looking at it, turns out that it was nearly done anyway even if I hadn't glazed it over. Put in a new ACT 6-puck. Pedal effort is increased a bit, but nothing ridiculous.

Firepuma is right on about my wagon too. It is not a particularly happy camper right now. The stage 2 tune is now close to three years old and while my BrenTune has been extremely solid until now, I think the mechanical stuff is starting to drift a little bit from the tune. I've got some afterfire and the learning view is still showing IAM at 1 and most of the bottom table is 0s, but the right hand column has a lot of red. The top table doesn't look great either, but I don't think I'm at the panic stage yet.

I think I've also got a wicked suspension clunk up front that I can't reproduce consistently and I can't find what's loose or making contact. Alberto also gave me a nice long list of things to start looking out for, including some increasing shaft play on sigmafour's old vf40. Still considering my options on that as I kinda don't want to upgrade the turbo right now as that will put me into an autocross class I don't want to be in. Still planning to go to a Dom1.5 eventually, but now I need to decide if I want to have JmP rebuild this vf40 and stay at stage 2 for another year or two or just do the brand new turbo and screw the SCCA classing.

Meh, I'm gonna run it hard at autocross this weekend and next and pray that my long list of minor problems doesn't turn into a major problem.

1323369104_LearningView_SS_7-20-2015104342AM.jpg.8a671139c49393e5b1f29ba4d3b1739d.jpg

toastedfx350.thumb.jpg.47a843c578a10cd40268a34a622bbe69.jpg

Meh, I'm gonna run it hard at autocross this weekend and next and pray that my long list of minor problems doesn't turn into a major problem.

Good luck with the new parts! Where do you autoX around here? I'd like to take my car out sometime and see the changes as I move up in mods.

Devens. The old Army base airport was taken over by the State Police as a driver training facility. On the weekends, they let some of the local clubs autocross on the runways.

www.ner.org - New England Region SCCA

http://www.renegademiata.net - Local Miata club. You don't need a Mazda, but you do need a membership in either Renegade Miata or SCCA.

There's also a Porshe club, but I think they require that you drive a Porshe. Also a BMW club and an SVT Mustang club. Don't know too much about those as I've only just started this year. NER SCCA is where I started and it's the right place for novices as well. There's an NER event this Sunday with tomorrow as the sign-up deadline. There's a Renegade Miata event on Sat, the 15th, but they limit the number of entries and may be full, but check with them if interested in that. There's also another NER event toward the end of the month. Expect to get there about 7 am and stay until 4-5pm. If you have any more questions, lemme know. Be happy to help. Also, there's a local LGT.com member buck03the7man that has been doing it at Devens for a few years. He's the guy that's been doing a little hand holding for me so far. Great guy. Ask him or me anything if you're interested.

Thanks man, thats a ton of good info!

So basically stick to the autocross/solo days and I should be able to get in as a novice? I might not be able to run this weekend but I think I'll go to check it out. Looks like there will be a couple of events in September I can make.

what's the snail? And, what size are the IDs and how are they using them on the sidefeed years? Conversion kit?

BrenTuning spec'd Blouch 440xt.

ID1000s, this particular car is an 07 so it's already topfeed. For sidefeed cars there is a conversion kit we use.

Neil@BrenTuning

ABP (NBP?) 05-07 LGT with stock wing in Waltham today around 1100. You had performance mod stickers in your window. You were coming on to rt20 near the Sunoco, right before the I-95 "rotary" while I was headed west

• I Donated Too
Abp 2006 sedan with red logo rally armors, slotted/cross drilled rotors and blue tipped "Sti" exhaust - parked at a hotel along route 1 in revere every day this week... Someone who works there?

White LGT wagon with quad tip exhaust and BBS(?) wheels in silver. Subaru and 2.5GT badges removed. Legacy badge remains. Headed up 38 near the Woburn/Winchester line, just now.

spotted a blue 5th gen GT driving west on route 7 just past flynn ave, debagged, younger gentleman driving. i tossed out deuces but it was late cuz i was close to car infront of me and couldn't see you. forgot to check the plates so IDK if your from VT or not.

I also so a nice clean black 4th gen GT on pearl st in Essex junction. possibly lowered, looked real nice.

Edited by ripstik
ADDING 4TH GEN

Spotted the pictured (nice and clean) Az Blue 5th Gen GT while hiking mid-day yesterday in New Hampshire... looked stock, but didn't get too close as I was with a group and they were all confused what I was doing! :lol:

Also spotted a blue (NB or ABP) 4th Gen LGT on 93S headed towards 95S around 6pm yesterday... Blipped the throttle as I went by, and I think you looked over before exiting, but not sure if you saw my wave. Car looked good!

IMG_1401.thumb.JPG.694bac22ba17d19907b0307782ca578b.JPG

spotted a blue 5th gen GT driving west on route 7 just past flynn ave, debagged, younger gentleman driving. i tossed out deuces but it was late cuz i was close to car infront of me and couldn't see you. forgot to check the plates so IDK if your from VT or not.

I've seen the same blue 5th gen in town as well. It's got VT plates so there's a new LGT in town.