LegacyGT.com

XT no longer special

When the 7th gen came out and most of last year there was very limited availability of the XT. Looking at sites sometimes there were less than 50 across the entire US. Now looking the situation is totally different. Doing a search shows "over 1000" nationwide. Of the 17 Legacys at the dealer near me 11 are XTs (5 Limited and 6 Touring).

Is this because the 2.4L turbo is not selling or is Subaru now making just as many as the non-turbo?

I don’t know what Subaru is doing but I heard because of the microprocessor shortages, manufacturers are making more the higher priced (profits) models. The legacy was

on the list of vehicles affected by the shortage.

I waited 6 months to get mine. I think Subaru found they hit a home run with the XT versions and increased production when they could. When I ordered mine in January of 2020 my dealer had only ever had one other on the lot that they sold that day. I don’t believe they got any more until mine came in July 2020. After 8 months with mine I adore it and very glad I waited it out to finally get it.

I just looked at the local Boston area dealers and I am seeing a lot more XT inventory than I have ever seen. Mnay times, a dealer would only have 1 or 2 XT if they have any XT and often there was none. It is about 50% of them are XT. Edited by dgoodhue