LegacyGT.com

Scan tool

Hey all, not exactly legacy specific but looking for some advice on what scan tools you’re using. I’m currently in the market for a hopefully affordable scan tool that can at least read individual wheel speed sensors and other pids like cam vvt advance data and so on. It’d also be nice if it could do other tests like diesel buzz tests and command component tests. I used to have a modis at our shop that would be considered ancient technology by today and I would think there is an affordable version of something that can do similar by now obviously without the scope and other things.

My father in law snagged a scan tool off Amazon that claimed it did all kinds of stuff and spoiler alert, it was a glorified and not very good code reader with a lot of features that always say “not supported on this vehicle”

I've been using the BtSsm android app for the past 5 years now. Great little piece of software to monitor most of the Subaru specific parameters. Can log, check codes as well.

See first post of this thread: https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/btssm-bluetooth-adapter-app-v-1-closed-229709.html

I'm not fond of Autel's operating system but they are affordable and can do a lot of things across all platforms. I have the Solus Edge which is one step down from the Modis. It did run me a little over 3k but I doubt you want to spend that much. Launch is another option but Autel is a better choice.