LegacyGT.com

5th Gen Ownership - Official Random Thoughts Thread - V3

Anyone ever trade in a car with mods? Trying to figure out what to do with mine. Don't really want to part it out. Would be nice to sell it private party with all mods and extra parts. I don't know if I really want to deal with the hassle of selling it though. Trading in is easy. Just not sure what a dealer would think of a modified car.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Might be good to get a baseline price for it. Take it as-is to somewhere like Carmax that will give you a wholesale quote for it that’s good for 30 days. Then you can decide if it’s worth returning to stock. Years ago I sold them a car with a dying trans. They surprised me with a decent offer and I took my plates off it and called for a ride home.

When I bought my LGT I had the opposite problem of needing to sell a bone stock 11 year old bugeye WRX and didn’t want to deal with CL tire kickers and test drivers. I listed that on NASIOC and about a month later got a cash offer near my asking price.

Thanks all. I'm hopeful that with being in an area with a lot of Subarus that it would be easy to sell as is. There are a couple of regional FB groups I'm in that have a lot of buying/selling going on so I'd probably start with that.

I know patience is key when selling privately and I'm not always patient when I get the itch for a new car. So I still may just figure out a plan for trade in. I wouldn't go crazy with reverting back to stock, just easily removable things and pay for a shop to swap the downpipe/exhaust back. I just worry selling the parts afterwards will be a pain due to low volume of these cars.

I like the Carmax idea. Wish there was one closer to me.

I sold my '11GT ultimately through craigslist, but I got more serious responses from Facebook marketplace as well. I put it on the local Subaru FB page, but I do get not any real responses from them. Free advertising doesn't hurt and it does not take much more effort to put it on a FB page. The 5th Gen GT FB page probably wouldn't have been a bad idea either, but I am not a member anymore.

Yah, always make sure the people can drive the car. The person who bought my Legacy drove the car and they literally couldn't resist the car after that lmao. The guy texted me later the same day and we got a deal done.

I have sold two Jeeps to people in other parts of the country where they flew in, gave us a check, and drove the Jeep home. That was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks all. I'm hopeful that with being in an area with a lot of Subarus that it would be easy to sell as is. There are a couple of regional FB groups I'm in that have a lot of buying/selling going on so I'd probably start with that.

I know patience is key when selling privately and I'm not always patient when I get the itch for a new car. So I still may just figure out a plan for trade in. I wouldn't go crazy with reverting back to stock, just easily removable things and pay for a shop to swap the downpipe/exhaust back. I just worry selling the parts afterwards will be a pain due to low volume of these cars.

I like the Carmax idea. Wish there was one closer to me.

This is what my plan is. I'm done with my car. Lost interest to be honest. Probably build my red wagon with some cosmetics. Otherwise I'll bite the bullet and fine a 10-14 3.6r outback and move what I can over to it. Then just be done with it and take it to CarMax or Vroom

:dm: <- me right now seeing all of the OGs wanting to offload their GTs. :lol:

My plan is to get something next fall. I kinda want to see what the next gen STI is going to deliver. But I know my wife would like a nicer/smaller SUV than the Highlander, which means less money for me to spend on my toys. If y'all still got 'em through next Summer, I'll be waiting in the bushes of love.

now if only I could afford any of the OGs' GTs

Considering GTEASER's 2012 LGT was advertised for $16K, his is about as nice as you will find. The typical LGT is probably going to be less expensive than that. I remember looking in 2016 and 2017 and seeing nice examples of 2011 and 2012 going for $20-25K, so they all seem to cheap to me.

Considering GTEASER's 2012 LGT was advertised for $16K, his is about as nice as you will find. The typical LGT is probably going to be less expensive than that. I remember looking in 2016 and 2017 and seeing nice examples of 2011 and 2012 going for $20-25K, so they all seem to cheap to me.

definitely a great one and at a great price. what im trying to say is that I am broke lol :lol:

new BRZ and civic dropped today...gotta say, BRZ reminds me of a baby coupe panamera, and i like it. new civic looks a *whole* lot like the 7th gen GLI, and i...don't know how i feel about it. big tone down from the current gen

new BRZ and civic dropped today...gotta say, BRZ reminds me of a baby coupe panamera, and i like it. new civic looks a *whole* lot like the 7th gen GLI, and i...don't know how i feel about it. big tone down from the current gen

To be honest neither impress me to be honest. The new BRZ looks good but I feel like it still lacks power. The Civic looks amazing, but they definitely need to add a turbo and that thing will sell like crazy.

i agree, i'd like to see the BRZ around 260 like the WRX, but that would bite in to the supra sales, and toyota ain't gonna let that happen. the civic already has a 1.5t available, wouldn't be surprised if they just rock that engine for the whole lineup since it's been stress tested and kinks worked out at this point. could make for a zippy little car with a tune

i agree, i'd like to see the BRZ around 260 like the WRX, but that would bite in to the supra sales, and toyota ain't gonna let that happen. the civic already has a 1.5t available, wouldn't be surprised if they just rock that engine for the whole lineup since it's been stress tested and kinks worked out at this point. could make for a zippy little car with a tune

I just feel like a 1.5t is not enough power lol.

The current generation Civic is hideous to anyone over 25 years old. The 1.5T isn't that bad, my friend has one in the Accord and its under rated, he told me its close to 220hp. With MT it is a decent fun daily driver. It should be decent in Civic too. One of the car magazine prefers the 1.5T 6MT over 2.0T 6MT Accords.

The new BRZ has about same the power to weight ratio as the current WRX, it should be approx. as fast a stock 5th Gen GT.
And the fa24 makes torque down low and holds it steady. 260hp would be too much on that light of a car. Wait until someone dynos one there's gonna be some decent area under that torque curve.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Of course the first time I see another GT in the wild, I'm not driving mine...

On the other hand, having daily-ed an underpowered suv for over a week now, my GT feels like a rocket ship. Hopefully that feeling will stay and save my wallet from more power mods.

...260hp would be too much on that light of a car.

speak for yourself, there are so many cars on the market with higher power to weight ratios than .09. mustang GT is .12, GT350 .14, supra .11, even the LC500 is .10