LegacyGT.com

Running 93 in stock 08 LGT 5EAT

Is the stock tune for an 08 LGT set for 93 octane? Locally we get both 91 and 93 and no issues with spending a bit more for the 93 but would rather avoid it if its not going to affect the engine at all. I used to run 91 in my stock 03 Civic until I learned better.

Also, any reason to run a tune on a completely stock car? Will I see any noticeable difference in power or fuel consumption?

Running 93 is fine. And if you could, pick up a Cobb access port and get that car off the factory tune. If I had 93 available in OK, I'd be using it instead of the piss water 91 that's sold here to run on my stage 2 tune.

My 05 isn't my daily driver so I am very picky about what I put in it. Engine oil/gear oil/quality fuel/quality parts. Seems to be working well considering I drove it from 36k miles to 95k miles on the Cobb stage 1. Now on the custom stage 2 for the last 10k and going strong

I only run 93 in my car, but it's not factory tune. 91 would be just fine for a completely stock car. Bugt the factory tune wasn't great to begin with, your car will feel much better and last longer with a better tune.

Either a Cobb AP, or if you're not a technophile an opensource tune will be good too. I don't have an AP because I wouldn't know what the hell to do with it (don't even see the need for a smartphone) so it would just be a huge waste of money for me personally. Datalogging? Sounds like some fancy computer shit to me, makes by dumb brain hurt just thinking about it. I'll let the pros handle that shit...