LegacyGT.com

5th Gen - Rusted Fuel Lines

I found a few pretty bad areas of rust on the fuel lines that run under the intake manifold. I tried ordering the part from Subaru only to have them tell me that they cant get it.. anywhere. Its on the various Subaru parts sites, but multiple companies have told me they cant get it. Has anyone switched over to IAG fuel lines without going to parallel fuel rails?

I know it doesn’t help you right now but I found when Subaru discontinues a parts, they show it available until inventory runs out and then it shows immediately after as discontinued. If it still shows up, it likely isn’t discontinued. They probably are just have supplier issues. It took me 2 1/2 weeks to get intake manifold gaskets, Injector gaskets and crossover pipe o-rings and cabin air filter (Ie nothing crazy for parts).

I’ll try a few other places then. Thanks for that. As for the rust, mine was in mass for 210k and another 40k in Jersey. I’m replacing bolts left and right, heat shields were almost completely rusted off, so I’m painting anything that looks solid with high temp engine paint. I did the turbo coolant pipes at 210k when they crumbled, so those are just getting painted, but the salt on the roads in the northeast literally eats cars. Probably didn’t help that it came without a splash guard.

I still have to get to the garage for the pictures. My local dealership was able to get me what they claim to be the only fuel pipe Subaru of America had left in stock. 17542AA140 will be discontinued if what they told me was true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have to get to the garage for the pictures. My local dealership was able to get me what they claim to be the only fuel pipe Subaru of America had left in stock. 17542AA140 will be discontinued if what they told me was true.
Unfortunate. It's a 10-12 Legacy GT specific part, though, so they probably sell very, very few of them - not surprising they are going to discontinue it. I am guessing there are other bits that are going the same way.