LegacyGT.com

Official North East Spotted Thread

SuperhawkLGT

• 4 weeks later...
  • I Donated Too
Finally a tiny bit of action on these lonely roads... darker grey 2.5GT - guess it must have been a diamond grey? 05/06 rear bumper though... Stromung like dual tip exhaust, aftermarket wheels and a bearded typical Subaru driver, who wasn't currently vaping... Rte 3 North near Drum Hill/Westford around 5.30pm

Finally a tiny bit of action on these lonely roads... darker grey 2.5GT - guess it must have been a diamond grey? 05/06 rear bumper though... Stromung like dual tip exhaust, aftermarket wheels and a bearded typical Subaru driver, who wasn't currently vaping... Rte 3 North near Drum Hill/Westford around 5.30pm

Not me, but I'm around that area nowadays (driving my blue Accord coupe since the LGT's currently out of comission). One of the guys at the drum hill autozone mentioned you while we were shooting the shit when I went in to pick up a block tester kit. Seems you're famous outside of the forums too :lol:

• I Donated Too
Ah! That will be Thomas and John... Good people. Always very helpful despite being a store where they seem big enough but claim they are only a little store and have almost nothing completely useful in stock.

• 1 month later...
  • I Donated Too

I have seen a coupld of LGT's around - one I am not sure about - white Legacy sedan but no hood scoop floating around Drum Hill from time to time - NH plates and Invidea Exhaust and an offset front plate - front mount or no turbo, just riced? Who knows... didn't spot the FMIC if it had one.

last Friday afternoon I traveled behind a DGM 07/09 with large rear diffuser, little black rear wing and rear spats, rally armors, Invidea quad exhaust and a cute little STI badge on the right side of the trunk - followed the car from Foxborough all the way up to the North Shore on 95N

White 4th gen sedan on Rt3 northbound probably around 6PM between exit 27 and 28. Quad-tip mufflers, relocated front license plate. No hood scoop, so not sure if 2.5i or GT with FMIC and hood swap. You were smoking something, in true Subie owner fashion :lol:

edit: Oh, go figure, I bet this is the same one sigmafour mentioned above.

• I Donated Too
edit: Oh, go figure, I bet this is the same one sigmafour mentioned above.

Yep, that's him... I passed him again on Friday evening heading RT3 N and he saw me coming, rolled his window down and my GF and I exchanged the Subie Peace signs and kept blasting along... GT wannabe? I am not sure... it's a clean car but I don't know what the story is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • I Donated Too

Spotted this guy with the lowered Legacy Wagon and sideways wheels... getting a ticket on route 3 north on Saturday. Bummer... I mean I can guess why but it's still another LGT owner... perhaps not having the wheels sideways, MA don't like that anymore and it can't legally pass inspection so I am sure that guy is on first name basis with quite a few of the local police.

Spotted this guy with the lowered Legacy Wagon and sideways wheels... getting a ticket on route 3 north on Saturday. Bummer... I mean I can guess why but it's still another LGT owner... perhaps not having the wheels sideways, MA don't like that anymore and it can't legally pass inspection so I am sure that guy is on first name basis with quite a few of the local police.

I'm suprised that happened. Most PD arent pulling anyone over unless it's something legit serious like no insurance, no license, or even warrants. That person must of been doing something bad to get that attention..

Scotty

• I Donated Too
I'm suprised that happened. Most PD arent pulling anyone over unless it's something legit serious like no insurance, no license, or even warrants. That person must of been doing something bad to get that attention..

Scotty

I know MA don't like lowered cars or raised trucks anymore... technically. And they photo the cars being inspected so you can't claim you got a pass at inspection... the State police have ability to recall the pictures taken at the time to see what's changed. This guys car - seriously, if the wheels were anymore sideways it would have looked like the DeLorean at the very end of the first film.

I know MA don't like lowered cars or raised trucks anymore... technically. And they photo the cars being inspected so you can't claim you got a pass at inspection... the State police have ability to recall the pictures taken at the time to see what's changed. This guys car - seriously, if the wheels were anymore sideways it would have looked like the DeLorean at the very end of the first film.
It's not really a matter of like.. more like discretion. My LGT passes every year lowered about 1¼, exhaust, however no tint.. At first glance it looks stock and that's how I like it. Especially since every car I own is modded that same way and passes with no issues. It's the guys that take it to that level, dropped on the ground, maxed camber, always letting the pipes scream... those people ruin it for the majority. Hence why PD has issues..

Scotty

From MA RMV vehicle inspection it can be lowered up to 2"

"The original manufacturers specified height of motor vehicles with an original manufacturers gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 lbs. or less shall not be altered by elevating or lowering the chassis or body by more than two inches"

From MA RMV vehicle inspection it can be lowered up to 2"

"The original manufacturers specified height of motor vehicles with an original manufacturers gross vehicle weight rating of 10,000 lbs. or less shall not be altered by elevating or lowering the chassis or body by more than two inches"

I can promise you, that not all inspectors are gonna know that rule as exact or even know where to measure. When I went through the class they were telling us to use the door height. Of course I asked the question about door sag... never got an answer on that. [emoji2369][emoji2369]

Scotty

• 7 months later...