LegacyGT.com

Dash Removal Question?

So my car is currently without an engine, and I am waiting on some parts to arrive and trying to stay busy. I want to pull my dash out to custom fit the 3 gauge pod made for 2008 to 14 wrx, as well as flock it. I'm wondering if the engine is done and ready to run/ tune will I be able to do this without the dash in the car? Also does the instrument cluster separate from the dash? thanks.

IMO, I would wait until your sure the engine runs correctly before you tear apart the dash and risk messing something up that will keep the car from starting.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

IMO, I would wait until your sure the engine runs correctly before you tear apart the dash and risk messing something up that will keep the car from starting.

I get that, I was just hoping someone knew if the instrument panel could be separated from the dash. so that all electrical components would be there minus the dashboard. there doesn't seem to be much information out there on pulling the dash out on these cars.