LegacyGT.com

They don't make a legacy wagon

Yep that is what the guy at Autozone told me when I went in for new windshield wipers

"maybe you have a legacy outback?" he said

"no it is a straight 06 legacy wagon"

"that is not possible" he said

after that I gave up and just told him I don't care whatever your computer says all I need is wipers

it was no use explaining to him the differences in the outback and legacy lineup

in general all outbacks are legacies but not all legacies are outbacks

it is good to know i am smarter than the guy at auto zone.......kinda

Yep that is what the guy at Autozone told me when I went in for new windshield wipers

"maybe you have a legacy outback?" he said

"no it is a straight 06 legacy wagon"

"that is not possible" he said

after that I gave up and just told him I don't care whatever your computer says all I need is wipers

it was no use explaining to him the differences in the outback and legacy lineup

in general all outbacks are legacies but not all legacies are outbacks

it is good to know i am smarter than the guy at auto zone.......kinda

I guess I've been driving an Outabck :spin::lol:

wow, you really did have an idiot. you should point that out to his boss! I've used autozone, pep boys and Napa and they all know the difference
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

It's usually a huge mistake to thing the AutoZone guy has any sort of clue. Sometimes you luck out and they do but in general, I avoid them for things like lights and wipers and head straight for the books in the aisle. Think of it this way, would you ask the 15 y/o kid stocking the shelves at the store how to cook the steak you just got? Didn't think so. :lol:

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them

-Ronald Reagan

The dude was probly lookin in his computer..My uncle has an auto body shop and he can look up parts with a program he uses. Weirdly enough they have the legacy on there and a legacy outback.. i mean they do share many parts don't they?

Last time I went to Autozone I had a full out argument over whether my 95 Legacy was OBD II or not.

He refused to even take the scan tool out because "no car before 96 was OBD II." Right.

Salesperson at Mike Shaw Subaru cold called me from a service work order to tell me how much they want to buy my 2005 Legacy for 2/3 of what its worth so I can buy a new one.

Him: Hello Mr Subaru owner, do you still have your 2005 legacy, we really need more 2005 legacies on the lot, the demand is really high right now.

Me: Its an Outback

Him: Well.... its a legacy outback.

Me: No its an outback

Him: They are all legacies but some are outback editions.......

Me: LLbean is an edition, Limited is an edition, And if you are going to cold call a customer trying to get them to come in to buy one of your cars you might want to avoid correcting a customer about their own car.

jeez

Salesperson at Mike Shaw Subaru cold called me from a service work order to tell me how much they want to buy my 2005 Legacy for 2/3 of what its worth so I can buy a new one.

Him: Hello Mr Subaru owner, do you still have your 2005 legacy, we really need more 2005 legacies on the lot, the demand is really high right now.

Me: Its an Outback

Him: Well.... its a legacy outback.

Me: No its an outback

Him: They are all legacies but some are outback editions.......

Me: LLbean is an edition, Limited is an edition, And if you are going to cold call a customer trying to get them to come in to buy one of your cars you might want to avoid correcting a customer about their own car.

jeez

dealer owned :lol:

Even better was the salesman who told me that the RE-92's that came on my car were the very best all season tire on the market and I should replace the worn re92's with another set. I challenged with all the negative reviews online etc.

His words: "they would only put the best tire on the market on a car like this"

Right

what does that mean huh? lol

Your from Boise, you wouldn't understand...j/k May be he was talking about the counter person at the store.

Years ago I had a number of auto part store people tell me there was no such thing as a 1992 Honda Civic Si after I bought one in the end of the model year.

Sometimes you get a good one, sometimes you get an idiot....

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived